• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Hear me now and 'bleed me later.

Aussie's and 'specially Boom rock ever 'thang.

That sammich looks so chingon you could sprinkle broken glass on it and I'd eat the hell out of it!

That sammich is fo' sho' in my top 10 of any sammich's posted in this thread.

Boom jump back and kiss yo' bad 'sef 2 times.

I challenge anyone to top that sheeit!

THP, all my camera work. The new camera helps and i got myself one Digital Camera book that has helped a lot. Little light reading, still messing around with things.

TB, Cheers!!! you got me inspired to do a Po' Boy with all those oysters you been chowin down on
Forgot the Money, iphone pic messy hands stay away from the camera

IMG_0837.JPG

Booma said:
THP, all my camera work. The new camera helps and i got myself one Digital Camera book that has helped a lot. Little light reading, still messing around with things.
Bravo!

Holy Waltzing Matilda!

That is the Fort Knox of MONEY!

I'll even eat it with the lettuce on there too!

Lemme' 'splain y'all.

Boom's thumb 'rang is magic.

Due to work and family obligations I was unfortunately unable to participate in the Roux-boy throwdown. I had what a thought was a pretty cool entry. Something very different. So here it is. A Tenderloin tip Roux-boy.

Ingredients:
Amorosa Italian roll
beef tenderloin tips
cremini mushrooms
red onion
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
garlic
butter
olive oil
red wine
beef broth
flour
sea salt
cracked black pepper
Rocketman's Theriac sauce
tomato paste
worchestershire
Beemster Gouda cheese

I browned the seasoned (sea salt and cracked black) beef tips in a little olive oil, removed them and added the butter onion and mushrooms. Cooked them down for a while then added the chile and the garlic. I then added the flour to make the roux. The red wine and beef broth to deglaze, then the Theriac tomato paste, and worchestershire. I added the meat back in and brought it all together. Spooned it into the roll and topped with the gouda. Toasted in the oven for a minute and it is done. I ended skipping the trinity since I was adding the Theriac which if you don't know is a garlic, spring onion, leek, and celeriac sauce. It is fantastic to cook with.

001.JPG

100_0006.JPG

100_0007.JPG

100_0008.JPG

Jay that looks damn chingon but I don't see the meat.

Did you forget to post a meat pic prior to the loading up the sammich?

Tell me more about that gouda too.

Beefmaster?

Looks super melty.

The meat is in there, it isn't in the pan pic, but it is in the sandwich, kind of gets lost with all the other yum yums which are a bit more of the equation than I meant. The cheese I said wrong. It is called Beemster. A Dutch gouda cheese, very melty, very good.

You eat a slice of lemon on your PoBoys? ;)

Looks tasty!

Jay, that looks like a comfort food sammie, which would be great, given how cold it's been. I want one!!!

Non Po-Boy Entry...('cause I can do that!)...

Every time corned beef goes on sale (like St. Paddy's day), I like to make pastrami.
Basically you soak it to reduce the salt, cover it in peppers and spices, and smoke it for a while. It's just pickled brisket, after all. 

I sliced it on the slicer (duh), put it on grilled seeded rye, topped (and broiled) with swiss, 'penos, slaw, deli mustard.
I had my head on a swivel eating this, ready to fight anyone who tried to steal a bite. 

13205818374_2311936e6c_b.jpg

13205821544_db470ca7f7_b.jpg

13205827604_aa01f349c0_b.jpg

13205653543_f27f5a1bf8_b.jpg

So motherfucking good!!!

FD

Back