• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Since he never named a SOTM for October, I name it "Oven Roasted Turkey and Bacon with L,T,O, Lemon Drop Peppers, Monterey Jack Cheese, Mayo and Serrano BBQ Sauce Sandwich Month".  Here is my entry:

one.jpg

three.jpg

So sorry y'all.

I been busy with work and music sheeit.

And honestly I thought the thread was barely on life support.

I'll come up with sumfin' for Nov.

Have we done turkey?

Here my choice for October SOTM: Pasta!
To tell the truth that "thing" has been a fridge cleaner... Leftover ragù pasta (and was a good ragù), some mozz (actually expired some days ago!  :rofl: ), an end part of prosciutto (its ass as we call it here) that was in fridge. Then the bomba calabrese (an hot sauce with some vegetables and vinegar), some moruga powder. Some grana on top since cheese is never enough.

ibs9PZ5pHxMK3l.jpg

iAJNjF3yxtxxF.jpg

Love it.  I have done a pasta sandwich before.  But didn't look anything like you put together.  Makes me want to make pasta... so that I have leftovers... and I can make a pasta sammy!

Pasta sandwich! Great choice for October. 1 day left. :rofl:

Nice sammie tho.

Back