• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Once upon a time this thread was bumpin'

I got this....

Still had some left over smoked chicken. What to do with it, what to do with it?

How about a smoked chicken Philly cheese. Yep.

Peppers, onion, mushrooms, provolone cheese, mayo and steak sauce. I is happy
2014-08-25 08.26.46.jpg

2014-08-25 08.26.28.jpg

2014-08-25 08.26.12.jpg

JayT said:
I'm sick of not having that sammich! Gimme

nah, you don't want that sammich. It was gross....

Grossly amazing

Oh, and three months of no posting in here and JP wants to steal my thunder!!

Nice sammich though none the less

sicman said:
what did happen to this thread?    i think TB got off his sleeping medicine and is just smoking bong rips all day and forgot all about it?

nice looking sammies yall.  

Negative.

It got so slow up in here I let it lax.

Apparently now there still IS interest in the thread. 

HTH as you were the one to bring back the thread after flatlining......

HTH I choose YOU to announce SOTM for September.

Whatever you want senor.

Oh, that's right. I have a job to do. Sammich of the month for September... Hmmmmmmmm

I'm thinking comfort food sandwiches. The stuff you grew up eating made into a sandwich

Such as, say macaronoi and cheese, hot dog sandwich.... Chicken and dumplings sammy.

For the texans - Frito pie made into sandwich! You get it.

Definitely allows for lots of creativeness.

So lets perform some CPR on this thread and get it back ta bumpin for September

I dunno. Comfort food sandwich....

... Or sandwich you make when :high:

or really really :drunk:

Free for all sandwich... Something along those lines

Ha! Now you see how hard it is to name a TD. People would be asking what the hell you're talking about here! LOL... try to narrow it down, and give it a name, like TB says. :)

EDIT: TB posted at the same time. TB, I don't think he meant free for all. Oh well!

What about Brown Bag Sandwich? The sandwich you grew up with, but made gourmet.

Brown Bag Sandwich

ANY sandwich that brings back memories of childhood (or any childhood favorite food that can be made into a sandwich), with a gourmet twist.

The Hot Pepper said:
Brown Bag Sandwich

ANY sandwich that brings back memories of childhood (or any childhood favorite food that can be made into a sandwich), with a gourmet twist.

I dig your idea for the name mo' bettah'.

DONE!

SOTM September ~ Brown Bag Gourmet!

I've had practice with the TD's lol. HTH's idea I just needed to shape it. ;)

And you shaped it further. Good call. BBG.

First thing that came to my mind when I read "The sandwich you grew up with….." For some reason my mom always made sammies like these whenever we went to the beach: white bread, Miracle Whip (the not mayo spread), sliced "american" cheese food. I didn't like them then, and wouldn't touch one now. Not only is it just "bleh" on its own, but add to it the sand that was blowing around on the beach - a culinary disaster. Still makes me cringe just to think about it now.

I'mma gonna have to take soap and water to my brain to get that unpleasant memory washed out before I can come up with something that is worthy of posting here. I do want to see someone do PBJ's with a gourmet twist. Might have to do that one myself, as well.

Back