food Sandwich of the Month

Frydad's Foo Foo Folded Filly

Look, I get it. What I'm about to do is atypical. But that's what this is all about, right?????

So, Sum left me 1 Steak-Eze to try.
(and I'm damn glad he did...frozen perfection!)

But I didn't have any bread. Or any time to make bread.
So I busted out some homemade flour tortillas to make a Phusion Philly.

And I found a bottle of "That Green Stuff", a Rocketman specialty. Maybe the best all-around hot-sauce in existence!!!!

Followed a nice recipe for tortillas, and they were great! Worth repeating.
Damn, for PENNIES, I had 10 great tortillas to use for all kinds of stuff!!!

I happened to have some of Mrs. Frydad's proprietary chimichurri on hand.

Made the tortillas, fried up the steak eze, topped with chimi, and then some mozz...
Threw it all on a buttered tortilla with fresh Organic Arugala (so peppery!), salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar.

Minimalist, but BOLD!!!!!!

Fresh Tortillas on the black cast iron...
IMGP2704.jpg

IMGP2706.jpg

IMGP2705.jpg

Ghetto Meat (delicious!)
IMGP2707.jpg

Topped with Chimi and Cheese until melty
IMGP2708.jpg

With Arugala and That Green Stuff
IMGP2709.jpg

IMGP2712.jpg

Boom!

FD

Looks good. Quesadillas up in here? TB, he didn't read your rules :P

Frydad's Foo Foo Folded Filly

Look, I get it. What I'm about to do is atypical. But that's what this is all about, right?????

So, Sum left me 1 Steak-Eze to try.
(and I'm damn glad he did...frozen perfection!)

But I didn't have any bread. Or any time to make bread.
So I busted out some homemade flour tortillas to make a Phusion Philly.

And I found a bottle of "That Green Stuff", a Rocketman specialty. Maybe the best all-around hot-sauce in existence!!!!

Followed a nice recipe for tortillas, and they were great! Worth repeating.
Damn, for PENNIES, I had 10 great tortillas to use for all kinds of stuff!!!

I happened to have some of Mrs. Frydad's proprietary chimichurri on hand.

Made the tortillas, fried up the steak eze, topped with chimi, and then some mozz...
Threw it all on a buttered tortilla with fresh Organic Arugala (so peppery!), salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar.

Minimalist, but BOLD!!!!!!

Fresh Tortillas on the black cast iron...
IMGP2704.jpg

IMGP2706.jpg

IMGP2705.jpg

ok maestro ... tell us how to make tortillas ...

looks rockin' ...

I'll eat anything with chimichurri.

This might help you out with those tortillas GM... just roll them much thinner than you think is right. They shrink and swell up as soon as they hit the heat. Trust.

http://thehotpepper....100#entry614656

Thank, dude! ... That's a helluva nice stack there in that thread ...

I might have to throw down a little something next weekend on this front ...

I've actually *NEVER* cooked Latin food, really, other than whipping up some ordinary El Paso mix tacos ... maybe I'll take a first swipe at a little chicken chimichanga or something ...

Especially since I've already a bottle of Hornitos ...

GM- Get your hands on a cut of skirtsteak. Cover that with some rock salt for a half hour. While waiting, make a great chimichurri. Wipe the salt off and grill it up perfect. Top it with the chimichurri and maybe have a side of black beans and rice.... I got more to add to this meal if you like. PM me. I'll tell you how to do it proper.

GM- Get your hands on a cut of skirtsteak. Cover that with some rock salt for a half hour. While waiting, make a great chimichurri. Wipe the salt off and grill it up perfect. Top it with the chimichurri and maybe have a side of black beans and rice.... I got more to add to this meal if you like. PM me. I'll tell you how to do it proper.

Be sure and and tell him to post it in the Wings thread.

I'm totally taking you up on this ... fo'sho ...

Be sure and and tell him to post it in the Wings thread.

I can't even say anything in my own defense either ...

You better use the wood oven or FAIL!

So here is my FAIL, no pizza oven for this cheesesteak, but did go a little freestyle with it.

3 capsicums, couple onions, handfuly of button mushrooms, little seasoning, fry them all up
SDC11321.jpg

SDC11323.jpg

Sliced Ribeye
SDC11324.jpg

Thrown into pan with vegies and cheese
SDC11325.jpg

V Sectioned Onion and Parmesan Sourdough Roll, topped with jalapenos
SDC11328.jpg

Covered in Fresh Mozzarella
SDC11332.jpg

Delicious
SDC11340.jpg

SDC11346.jpg

Booma, well done! It's the simple "duh" solutions that make sandwiches unique, like French Dips, etc. I guess this is a... Cheese Steak wit Cheese. Wait, it's outside only right? Hmmm. Outside Cheese Steak. There.

Back