food Sandwich of the Month

Holy CheeseSteak Batman!

I take a short break, and come back to all this awesomeness!!!!!!!!!

JT - loooooved the chikky cheezsteak! Bet if I asked my butcher to slice a breast for me, they's carpet roll me. Or I'd have to bring them all their own sammies!

Sum - way to work The Beast!!!! How long did that cheese steak take to make? Seconds? For pure YUM?!?!?!

FD - despite breaking the rules, that looked excellent!!!! Chimichurri bliss!!!!! It's gotta be good to be worthy of Mrs. FD's chimi-sauce!!!

Now you all know if we have a Grilled Cheez month, the Aussie's it'll knock it out of the park, right?! They seem to always end up putting the cheese on the OUTSIDE of the Sammie! And winning with it!!!!! Booma - I especially like the V-cut in the roll! Brilliant!

I missed GM's taco salad....but I laughed out loud!!!! You just keep cookin' Dude!!!!!! I don't care where ya post it!!!! ;)

The TB, I think the masses have spoken next month shall be grilled cheese if it pleases you.

I'm cool and the gang with it but what are the parameters?

If you add ham, its no longer a grilled cheese but a ham & cheese as an example.

The TB shall think on this for a spell.

At least grilled cheese lends itself to being made w/ like 9 cheeses and can be served w/ a zillion sides ...

A month is a long time for a sammie w/o much wiggle room for those who like to riff on it a whole bunch ...

Maybe I'll make an all day one outside in the sun while I'm at work, haha ...

I'll point a webcam on that MF'r, too ... haha ...

Gotta admit, plain grilled cheese is pretty boring to me. I'd rather see you go with "fancy" or "gourmet" grilled cheese - what some of you like to call a "melt". Terminology, shmerminology.

Gotta admit, plain grilled cheese is pretty boring to me. I'd rather see you go with "fancy" or "gourmet" grilled cheese - what some of you like to call a "melt". Terminology, shmerminology.

Just so we're clear ... I guess I meant a "melt" ... never have used the term myself, but that's what I meant =)

TB now you see what it's like deciding TDs, and the rules, restrictions, what is this, can I do this LOL. It ain't easy bein' cheesy.

Maybe I can help.

Grilled Cheese:
It has to be on sliced bread.
The sandwich has to be grilled (toasted on a griddle or in a pan, with butter)
The only mandatory ingredient is cheese, and it has to be melted.

If you allow heroes/rolls you're going to get Cubans and Phillys again.

Okay now back to cheese steaks.

I am all about grillen cheesesee and stuff.

If you limit it to just bread and cheese, it will be a long month.

I reckon we'll define the grilled cheese or "melt" in due time.

It would be boring to not include other ingredients besides cheese and bread.

We still have 2 weeks for more cheese steaks.

Where all the rookies at?

Posty up!

The only mandatory ingredient is cheese, and it has to be melted.

Scovie if you were referring to this, it means you can add anything.

This reminds me of TDs when people starting bringing it up during the current TD... there's time here! Back to cheese steaks.

No, Patron, I was n't referring to that, just food for thought for the ring master.

We here at the DeVille garage are ruminating another version of the

Non Philly, Non Steak, Chicken Cheese Steak Sanwich.

We're having trouble with the name.

PS sorry... THE Ringmaster.

My deep apologies to The TB.

I'm not one for rules anyway.

Oh BTW, if someone tries the rock-salt method of steak preparation, DO NOT let it sit on it for a half an hour.

WAY too long. It will be gross.

7 minutes tops. It is the ONLY way I make steak anymore.
I use a cut called Vacillo, and before the salt, I slice it into churrascos. Grilled over coals.

Off topic, I know, but I didn't want anyone to make a mis-steak.

Booma, well done! It's the simple "duh" solutions that make sandwiches unique, like French Dips, etc. I guess this is a... Cheese Steak wit Cheese. Wait, it's outside only right? Hmmm. Outside Cheese Steak. There.

Mixed in the fry pan, was also mozzarella and cheddar with the onions, capsicum and mushrooms

ohhh hell!
im too late!!
this is double post, i made the "cuban", but forget to post! and mande the cheese steak! never eat one cheese steak before! but i thing is just meat and cheese in a bread ok? muhahahah
the cuban
salami, smoked pork loin, cured pork neck! swiss cheese, mostard grain, pickles, olives and tomato!
DSC00683.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

and my cheese steak..
a litle mustard grains in brad, steak, onios and cheese muahhaha
DSC00775.jpg

PS: sorry for my english! when i finish my post i read it... and dont undestant the bigger part of it !! kkk

Screw the semantics that make this sandwich this, and that sandwich that...

Kib KILLED those sandwiches!!! EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!!! Damn!!
No chicken blood in that, right?

I'd pay lots of brazillian bucks for one of those!!!

Especially like the Brazilian Cuban. Reminds me of a girl from high school.

Not saying why.
(The parts of her everyone could see were only Cuban)

Back