food Sandwich of the Month

I must admit that at the time I was a little in the bag and thought for no damn reason to throw the mac on there. I was just surprised how good it was but only reinforces something I already knew.

No matter what it is, putting it between 2 pieces of bread or rolled up in a tore tillah only makes it mo' betta'.

That is, except for soup and jello.

Dang, TB. You must have been three sheets on that sandwich, but I applaud you. A mac 'n' shizzle sammie..?.. yeeeeeah. I'll take one!

I'm gonna haf ta clean out my bot.

I have been contemplating that sandwich for a bit. Everything about it looks awesome, but I cannot allow myself to like it. Slap some bacon on there and I am all in.

I could have posted this in the DC. Because as always, booze was in control and I failed to take proper prep pics. But s'all good cause Ima post my left over sandwich anyway. Well its mostly left over. Actually on second thought only the chili is left over. But a damn fine sandwich regardless.

I made a giant pot of chii a couple weeks ago. Er maybe that was last week? No clue, that was many beers ago. I have been trying to use the leftovers any way possible. So two nights ago on the grill I made grilled chicken chili cheddar sandwich.

Grilled chicken breast

DSCN4636.jpg

Then left over chili ready for which to top with.
DSCN4637.jpg

Then z cheese...
DSCN4642.jpg

This picture is perfectly clear. Get yourself some new glasses

Wahlah. Perfectly good, magazine quality photos and food.
chiknchilisandwich.JPG

Nuttin but onion on that whole wheat keiser bun.

I think s'more chili will be had in the DC...

I could make that exact sandwich. I happen to have everything but the Kaiser. Hmmm. We'll see what happens. Looks great HTH.

Thank ya... It was so good. Only thing different I may toss a couple picked penos on there, but it was good with only onion. I'd also opt to not using whole wheat.

Don't let that whole wheat totin' hippy TB hear you say that!

I heard some Pennsylvania crackah' was talkin' 'bout me.

And dang skippy I AM totin' the whole wheat.

For the most part for a long time I quit eating bread but then realized that 100% whole wheat products are exceptionally good for you.

Now get to posting sammich's pronto!

They should be perfect for you Scovie, blurry and sideways, just like you. Oh wait, that was the other thread. Sorry. Nevermind.

HTH, I did manage to make that sandwich, and as you said you wished you had, I put pickled jalapenos and habs on it. Good call. Sorry, no pics. I had left my camera in the car.

Mrs. JayT has been insisting that I eat up some of the mountain of frozen meat that I have in the freezer, so I have randomly been taking it out and cooking it for snacks. This time it was a small pack of NY Strips. I put them in a ziplock with some olive oil and a bunch of Heartbreaking Dawn's Storyville Cajun Blend. After a day, I cranked up the stovetop and browned them making a helluva smokey mess, but its just too damn cold to cook them in the cast iron on the grill. I took one of the leftovers, sliced it up, put it on a whole wheat kaiser, made my own bleu cheese dressing (out of some leftover bleu cheese crumbles, some mayo, sour cream, worchestershire, and lemon juice), spooned that over the steak, and topped that with some cilantro leaves. Its like a black n bleu burger only with steak.

100_1253.JPG

100_1254.JPG

100_1255.JPG

100_1256.JPG

100_1257.JPG

100_1258.JPG

It is quite good.

I am tearing up the leftover thread. Just wait until I get to the leftover bacon and hot dogs... :lol:

Back