• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Key's experimental grilled cheese

I was fooling around with an idea that I got a while back, but hadn't tested up until this point.

Someone added sweet pickles (i think) to a grilled cheese I sampled, and it wasn't bad. It occurred to me then that the sandwich might work with some BBQ sauce.  

As it happens, I had some Big Bad Trinidad sauce available and a few necessary items in my fridge. So in to the pan they went.

Start with  buttered pepperidge farmhouse oatmeal bread, spread on some bbq sauce, add some cheddar cheese slices, and a slice of oscar meyer oven roasted white turkey. top with some pickles.

Add some tartar sauce for dipping, because I had some lying around.

Looks tasty that last sadwiches, we call that "toast" for that bread (except Joyners that seems different... And of course good!).

Today here is holiday so i redid the mountain grilled sandwich. Some gorgonzola and asiago, some jack daniels sauce and a bull's eye bbq hot sauce (it's pretty good!). 2 peppers, 4 sausages, , 4 pieces of pork loin, 4 pieces of bacon... Some polenta too...

Marinade (sausages doesn't need):
iPeqOD2WDMQD3.jpg

Some grilling (hot and non hot stuff for other friends):
itRBGdQ7uRO2B.jpg

i8ZWRBUNhheJ2.jpg

iYyNxLonUufGq.jpg

And that little thing:
ir0UPQFSVZMtO.jpg

ibiBkX1cRx2Syl.jpg

Not so cheesy (i hadn't much), but i must say that grilled meat as sandwich is really really good.
Of course i didn't ate that alone (and i must say that wasone of the rare grill that i wasn't hungry so i didn't really ate much... Sometimes that happens).

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! Let me introduce you the fabulous Arabian Praetercheesum!

Ingredients: arabic bread, olive oil, praetermissum peppers, mozzarella, mayonnaise.

Instructions: make a sandwich and grill!

Tip: spread olive oil outside the sandwich. Your hands will be greased when finish eating but your heart will thank you.

y2e8a6ej.jpg
ysa3e5yr.jpg
u9ere6e3.jpg

Oh wow!  Those last two have taken this to a whole new place.  Essegi a master as always, and Coki, that is ooey gooey chewiliciousness!  Well done gentlemen.

Thanks Jay!

coki said:
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! Let me introduce you the fabulous Arabian Praetercheesum!

Ingredients: arabic bread, olive oil, praetermissum peppers, mozzarella, mayonnaise.

Instructions: make a sandwich and grill!

Tip: spread olive oil outside the sandwich. Your hands will be greased when finish eating but your heart will thank you.

Awesome! Glad you posted that, it's really awesome, and with an excellent melt factor!

The Hot Pepper said:
Did you wash the marinade off?

And then brush it back on? LOL

Confused.
Just different stuff. We grilled 2-3 times.
We were in 4 and we had that:
2kg of polenta (cooked 1)
2 slices of ciabatta
8 sausages
8 slices of loin (half marinaded)
9 slices of bacon (4 marinaded)
just a bit of asiago and gorgonzola
mayonaise, jd sauce, bbq hot sauce
4pods
Drinks (most interesting Sangiovese)
Some candies...

Ate nearly all, that time my fault if we advanced  something because i ate just a bit (i guess getting nearly drunk the day before, returning home at 3:30 AM and extreme hot day didn't help! :D).

Btw i'm eating too much, from now i want to make just pizza once a week (must improve).
I feel like a liar...

Essegi said:
Looks tasty that last sadwiches, we call that "toast" for that bread (except Joyners that seems different... And of course good!).

Today here is holiday so i redid the mountain grilled sandwich. Some gorgonzola and asiago, some jack daniels sauce and a bull's eye bbq hot sauce (it's pretty good!). 2 peppers, 4 sausages, , 4 pieces of pork loin, 4 pieces of bacon... Some polenta too...

Marinade (sausages doesn't need):
iPeqOD2WDMQD3.jpg

Some grilling (hot and non hot stuff for other friends):
itRBGdQ7uRO2B.jpg

i8ZWRBUNhheJ2.jpg

iYyNxLonUufGq.jpg

And that little thing:
ir0UPQFSVZMtO.jpg

ibiBkX1cRx2Syl.jpg

Not so cheesy (i hadn't much), but i must say that grilled meat as sandwich is really really good.
Of course i didn't ate that alone (and i must say that wasone of the rare grill that i wasn't hungry so i didn't really ate much... Sometimes that happens).

That is my wet dream right there. 

You should be featured on Man vs Food. 

Oh man I love the torta. LOVE love love.

TB, also throw the cemita in there. It's similar but on Mexican brioche, your favorite bread, lol.

I've never had a cemita milanesa or even carnitas before.

Relative specifically to Puebla it is also not as liberal in ingredients and construction as the more common Mexican torta.

THP I reckon your recommendation to include it here is right on to include the cemita along with the torta.

I'll change the SOTM header to reflect that.

Done.

Back