food Sandwich of the Month

Roasted cow after 3 1/2 hours.

The roasted ajo was like butter candy.

Whooped up a little avocado sauce. 

It's not guacamole because I put some Mexican sour crema in it along with crushed pineapple and cilantro.

So what we got?

Shredded the beef for machaca, then laid a generous amount of sauteed fresno, jalapeno, and onion and then topped with fistfuls of crumbled queso fresca. Schmeared on the avo sowse too.

Add a ball jar of hoskey and a shot of firewater for added horsepower.

Got dang goodern' hell!

Worship La Torta!

Ejole!

Purty TB, digging the green stuff. I keep mine more chunky due to a table side service meal I had in San Antonio where they made it in front of you....changed my life! Smoking swine today however do not think it will become a torta! 

San Antonio has a shit-ton(official SoFlo measurement) of great Tex-Mex joints.

I still have yet to make a road trip to Henry's for the original puffy tacos.

As for the avo sowse and guac's in general, several years ago when I was in Puerto Vallarta, every joint had differnt' versions of guac and avo sauce's.

Some were simply chunky smashed avo's with salt and others were like they came out of a juicer.

Still others combined onions & tomato's and also a good many were heavy on the cilantro and lime juice(my favorite)

All were fantastic!

Agreed, I fork smash the avo and add my fresh pico to it with a secret ;) and that is my magic guac. I have had people who swore off guac because they are used to the baby food version then try mine and the fog is lifted from their eyelids. 

Its June!

Last month was pretty slow for the Torta so put some extry special thought into SOTM June.

Then it hit me.

This weekend like last weekend and for most weekends until fall and beyond, folks are going to be gettin' their bbq on.

And that means loads of chicken, pork, and beef! 

And lamb, and goat, and every 'thang else that walks, flies, crawls and slithers. 

But what do you do with it?

But of course....MAKE A SAMMICH WITH IT!

Therefore I declare SOTM JUNE ~ BBQ!

Fire up the smoker y'all!

Awesome, this is how my day started at 5:30 ;)

10411775_10201854127659242_8566610304070819547_n.jpg

texas blues said:
 Capt. Kangaroo on a crutch Chris!

Is there ever a time when your smoker isn't pooping hot blue & righteous smoked hotness?

Maybe one day last december I reckon it was.
My neighbors simply must hate me, no matter the direction of the wind someone is getting a house full of yummy smoke currently ;) 

texas blues said:
Its June!

Last month was pretty slow for the Torta so put some extry special thought into SOTM June.

Then it hit me.

This weekend like last weekend and for most weekends until fall and beyond, folks are going to be gettin' their bbq on.

And that means loads of chicken, pork, and beef! 

And lamb, and goat, and every 'thang else that walks, flies, crawls and slithers. 

But what do you do with it?

But of course....MAKE A SAMMICH WITH IT!

Therefore I declare SOTM JUNE ~ BBQ!

Fire up the smoker y'all!
Good call bro.

texas blues said:

They should be writing you a check every month as living next door to you has only increased their property values.
Truth, on yard sale days people do slow and low drive-bys in front of our house. We live in a double cul da sac so there is really no reason for them to be near me except the smoker has led there senses there ;) I also notice more owners dog walking on days I smoke in hopes I will offer them a nibble.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Truth, on yard sale days people do slow and low drive-bys in front of our house. We live in a double cul da sac so there is really no reason for them to be near me except the smoker has led there senses there ;) I also notice more owners dog walking on days I smoke in hopes I will offer them a nibble.

jajajajaja...

Nothing like a captive audience!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Good one. I see people walking by all the time looking towards my backyard when I fire up the BBQ or smoker. My patio where I cook is next to the fence where people walk by all the time and the community mailbox in next to my fence in my yard lol.

I only have one neighbor close enough for Tiger Woods to hit her house with a 9 Iron.

And she's a bitch. She can't smell our cooking but I guarantee she can hear my Klipsch's bump.

Nobody ever gets to smell my smoke. :mope:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Awesome, this is how my day started at 5:30 ;)

10411775_10201854127659242_8566610304070819547_n.jpg

I have some questions...

Before smoking, has submerged in brine? 

How long and how prepared brine? 

That contain the mix of spices you have used? 

Looking to start a smoked piece of meat similar to yours and I have some questions ... My meat takes two hours in brine (salt and sugar 50/50)

I can't speak for JHP but I typically only brine poultry and fish. And always over night or for 24 hours. 2 hours of brining doesn't do anything. I never brine beef or pork.

Just my 2¢

Back