• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

saugapepper's 2012 Grow Log

Ladies and Gents,

This year's grow list includes

Piri-Piri (Portugal) - Seeds from Two Wings Farms in British Columbia, Canada

St. Helena Island Yellow - Actually from a friend who lives on St. Helena. She sent the seeds in her Christmas card. For the remainder of the 2012 season my avatar will be the St. Helena coat of arms. :) I have mailed my extra seeds to Alabama Jack, Silver Surfer, ajijoe, and RedTailForester. They have promised to distribute seeds after the upcoming season.

Unknown Chili from Bhutan - Purchased from JungleRain

Wild Brazil - Thanks to ajijoe for the seeds

Wild Sonoran Desert Tepin - Thanks RedTailForester for the seeds

Florida Wild - Thanks RedTailForester for the seeds

All have popped and are under the lights

peppers1.jpg

peppers2.jpg

peppers4.jpg

This morning the St. Helena's came up!!!! So excited to grow this very rare pepper.

peppers3.jpg

This is their new Grow Tent... a wonderful thing. I need a bigger T5 though. Anyone in the Toronto area want to buy a 2ft x 4 lamp T5??

jardintent2.jpg

jardintent1.jpg

That would make a lot of sense. I had the vent holes still covered and there was hardly any way for the humidity to escape. I opened up a couple of the vents now and I picked up a fan today for the grow tent. I will see if it helps over the next week or two. Thank you!!! Now to figure out why my Wild Brazil is at death's door. :) Oh and meatfreak, we were born on the same day, same year except me in Canada and you in Nederland.

Your welcome, hope it helps. Keep in mind the old leaves (with this effect) won't return back to normal but the new leaves will look as normal ones does. That is a funny coincidental, easy year to remember huh :)

(Ladies and Gents).......Nice intro , and a nice startup with your plants . In your slight yellowing of the "Wild Brazilian" lady....the veins in the leaves look light colored also, moist likely caused by excess water retained in the medium. (slow drainage or too often watered)......you'll be fine
Give her plenty of light and back off of the water until it is necessary.....let us know how it works out.

Greg

Great set up. A very efficient use of space, indeed. Looking at the sprouts makes me want to get goin'! Thanks for the motivation...

Lookin good man. I need to get a fan as well. The problem is that every store here is only selling heaters this time of year! Gonna have to go to ebay.

Love the sprouts, they are gonna grow fast!

Matt

Probably not. I will have to move them into the front room where the sun is the strongest but will delay their growth a little.

Haaa, i think you may be harvesting them in there Conor, is this in your bedroom?

Im guessing these are popular with the herbal growers. :party:

Mezo.

Quick update on my Florida Wild... it is out of control with growth. I'm still at least 6 weeks away from it going outside. Yes that measuring stick is in inches.

floridawild1.jpg

floridawild2.jpg

HOLY CRAPOLA!!!!! You weren't kidding about your Florida Wild were you!? That is a great looking plant brother. Maybe you'll get a good crop from it this season?

I thought they tasted very much like a chiltepin. Kind of earthy and with some very nice heat. I made powder out of all of mine and love it on pasta! I'm sure you will enjoy them!!!

Time for an update! All potted up and ready to deliver. Have my first ripe Sonoran tepin today. Plan to eat it with dinner today or tomorrow night. Things are going well except for one of my Wild Brazil plants. All the leaves have fallen off. I haven't done anything different to it and it's sister plant is doing fine. Any ideas?

The Florda Wild is HUGE with tons of peppers already. There are over a hundred on that huge plant. I tried a green one yesterday. Interesting taste... I think it is more of a powder pepper than a fresh one. I could be wrong once they ripen. The St. Helena's are doing well and I have my first flowers!! All very exciting for me.

pottedup.jpg

Ripe Sonoran, crappy photo

ripesonoran.jpg

Massive Florida Wild, it's hard to see all the pods on it.

floridawildpeps.jpg

My sick Wild Brazil and it's very healthy sister next to it.

wildbrazilsick.jpg

Hey Sauga, your plants have literally exploded out of their pots!
I remember looking at your initial postings last January and thinking
'that's what I want to do!'

Have a good week, bro - you really did motivate me to get goin' last
Jan!

Paul, thanks for the kind words. My grow is very small in comparison however it's all the wife will allow. :) Your grow looks fantastic! Which of the pods romy6 sent were your favourite?

I haven't started on them, yet - gotta check my grow log to see if I got any advice.

Back