• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SB7J Community grow.

This is where your SB7J grow goes from the seeds that I sent you. 

IesygjD.jpg

I planted 3 SB7Js plants from the same seed source, described as "Red Mushroom" pheno. They all have 3 different characteristics. 2 plants produced pods that started out green & ripened to kind of a dull red. One was very hot. One has almost zero heat. One of them was a dark plant with purple stems & leaf veins & produced pods that went from purple to pale yellow. No heat. Interesting the shape of all 3 plants are pretty uniform with such variance in color & pungency.

2015-07-26-01-33-32_zpsoe30cx3r.jpg

To further confuse things, I planted seeds from another SB7J plant described as "supposed to be red, but mine were yellow," but planted those much later. Those pods haven't ripened yet. 

coachspencerxc said:
I planted 3 SB7Js plants from the same seed source, described as "Red Mushroom" pheno. They all have 3 different characteristics. 2 plants produced pods that started out green & ripened to kind of a dull red. One was very hot. One has almost zero heat. One of them was a dark plant with purple stems & leaf veins & produced pods that went from purple to pale yellow. No heat. Interesting the shape of all 3 plants are pretty uniform with such variance in color & pungency.

To further confuse things, I planted seeds from another SB7J plant described as "supposed to be red, but mine were yellow," but planted those much later. Those pods haven't ripened yet. 
My pods are not ripe yet so I do not know what the color will be but the pheno is UFO but different then that more flat close to what the ones in Nigel & Matt pod reviews so I am guessing F3 to F4
Those look more like a mushroom cloud so would that be the atomic pheno type I've heard about ?
Cool pods everyone can't wait to try some form everything I've heard the flavor should be great!

Bhuter said:
I spotted this on one of my SB7J plants yesterday. I think I might save seeds from this one.
Ik570NP.jpg

-Adam
Adam what an awesome variation ... great to see a tail ... a must for seed saving

jcw10tc said:
Just picked my first sb7j tonight.
IMG_20150725_195514094_zpsgptuy2wf.jpg
Well ahead of me .... but always great to harvest your first mature pod

coachspencerxc said:
I planted 3 SB7Js plants from the same seed source,
described as "Red Mushroom" pheno. They all have 3 different characteristics. 2 plants produced pods that started out green & ripened to kind of a dull red. One was very hot. One has almost zero heat. One of them was a dark plant with purple stems & leaf veins & produced pods that went from purple to pale yellow. No heat. Interesting the shape of all 3 plants are pretty uniform with such variance in color & pungency.

Red now yellow .... it's an interesting grow for all. Nearly all of you have that Atomic/ Mushroom shape anyone else but me have the original Patrick grass hut shaped pods

Back