seed-train Scorched Train 2015-2016

bpiela said:
Woot! Received the train today. There is a ton of stuff in here, over 180 packets of seeds. I am guessing that a lot of the non-Scorched items are from the train from last year. So many goodies, so little time. I will get on this but it most likely will go out over the weekend.
Looking forward to it! You still have my address?
Thanks.

bpiela said:
Still got it!  BTW, there is some cool stuff in here from you last year.  Thanks for that!
Are you going to be able to get it out today? No pressure- just trying to figure out my travel plans. Yes, they could hinge on this seed train. Obviously, no one wants it sitting in my mailbox for a week.  Thanks!

bpiela said:
Sorry.  It has to go out first thing Monday.  Should I overnight it?  Will that help?
No, don't do that. You shouldn't have to pay extra to accommodate my holiday plans. 3 day shipping sent out Monday gets it here Thursday, Dec. 24. I always go out of town to my parents the evening of the 23rd & don't get home until the evening of the 25th & leave again the 26th for a few days. I'll stay home an extra day, look through it & get it back out an hour later & take it to the post office to Peter S on our way out of town. With Christmas & the weekend, it should be to Peter the 28th or 29th. That's a long time for the first 3 stops but the best I can do sending it out an hour after it gets to my mailbox.

If need be Ben can hang onto it until after Christmas. Possible shipping it on Monday the 28th. No sense in having to change holiday plans or only have only an hour to look through the train. Another option could be skipping to the 3rd person (Peter S.) on the list IF they aren't going away for the holidays and then they could send it to you Coach. Ben could also send it later in the week, maybe Thursday? Whatever works best for you two (possibly 3). Things should smooth out after the holidays are over.

Scorched said:
If need be Ben can hang onto it until after Christmas. Possible shipping it on Monday the 28th. No sense in having to change holiday plans or only have only an hour to look through the train. Another option could be skipping to the 3rd person (Peter S.) on the list IF they aren't going away for the holidays and then they could send it to you Coach. Ben could also send it later in the week, maybe Thursday? Whatever works best for you two (possibly 3). Things should smooth out after the holidays are over.

1. BPIELA, NJ (train at destination)
2. COACHSPENCERXC, NC CHARLOTTE
3. PETER S, NC CLYDE
4. SCUBA_STEVE, GA
5. PEPPERGUY1, FL
6. JSSCHRSTRCKS, FL
7. FIOGGA, IN
8. SMOKENFIRE, IL
9. GENETIKX, IL
10. OZZY2001, MO
11. JUANITOS, OK
12. VODU, CO
13. THEPEPPERTRENT, AZ
14. LOVEPEPPERS, CA CHINO
15. MPICANTE, CA LA COUNTY
16. CHILTEPIN, CA VENTURA
17. SCORCHED, DE
Well, on second thought, I would hate to change my whole family's Christmas plans so that I can get a seed trsin out 1 day earlier. The more I thought about it... if it's sent out Monday & gets here in 2 days, we won't have a problem. If it takes 3 days & gets here Thursday afternoon, I'll get it Friday evening for an hour or two, will go through it & drop it off Friday night (USPS kiosk) to go out Saturday morning. Is that OK with everyone? It'll be at my house about 28 hours. I'll understand if that isn't quick enough & you need to drop me. Thanks.

Fine with this rider - Seed train can wait. Don't skip out on your parents, you never know how many Christmases you have left with them.

Coachspencerxc, I do not care about the extra expense to overnight the package.  I should have gotten this out on Saturday and I couldn't.  I feel it is the least I can do to keep the train moving.  I will get it to you on Tuesday.   

bpiela said:
Coachspencerxc, I do not care about the extra expense to overnight the package.  I should have gotten this out on Saturday and I couldn't.  I feel it is the least I can do to keep the train moving.  I will get it to you on Tuesday.   
Yeah? Great. Thanks for putting in the extra effort. I'll get it back out Tuesday evening & hopefully to Peter Saturday. Thanks again.

Scorched said:

1. BPIELA, NJ
2. COACHSPENCERXC, NC CHARLOTTE
3. PETER S, NC CLYDE (in transit)
4. SCUBA_STEVE, GA
5. PEPPERGUY1, FL
6. JSSCHRSTRCKS, FL
7. FIOGGA, IN
8. SMOKENFIRE, IL
9. GENETIKX, IL
10. OZZY2001, MO
11. JUANITOS, OK
12. VODU, CO
13. THEPEPPERTRENT, AZ
14. LOVEPEPPERS, CA CHINO
15. MPICANTE, CA LA COUNTY
16. CHILTEPIN, CA VENTURA
17. SCORCHED, DE
Getting close! :)

Awesome job so far. We're rolling along nice and smooth.

I keep forgetting to post this. I want to do the same thing I did the last train round. Since the majority of the train consisted of last year's contributions and wasn't much new stuff to see (besides what I put in) I'm letting the first 5 participants on the list have the option to get the train again after this round is over. I think that's fair. People at the middle and end have a pretty good selection to go through but the first few riders don't always have a lot to choose from. So if any of you first 5 would like to do this just post here and when I get the train back I'll get it right back out to you guys.

Happy New Year all!

Back