seed-train Scorched Train 2015-2016

If everything goes as planned I will have this out tomorrow (Saturday) and not Monday. The variety of seeds is overwhelming. I've been searching THP, youtube and google all damn day looking some of these up. I'll be adding some super hots that currently aren't on board. They all came from a mfrb of awesomeness I got from smileyguy this past summer and some of these are face melters. Don't worry if you're not into super hots. There are plenty of non super hots currently on board

Good news everyone! Train left the station today and is heading to Bakersfield Cali-forn-I-A has an expected delivery date of Tuesday 12/16/14. Tracking #9114 9999 4423 8857 5953 64. The thing is packed to the gills. There were almost no duplicates. so many varieties in that baby. I was able to cross of some varieties that were still on my list and add a couple that weren't. Only a few things left on my wanted list that I'll either buy or make a post here on THP and try to find. Have a great evening all.

Scorched said:
Good news everyone! Train left the station today and is heading to Bakersfield Cali-forn-I-A has an expected delivery date of Tuesday 12/16/14. Tracking #9114 9999 4423 8857 5953 64. The thing is packed to the gills. There were almost no duplicates. so many varieties in that baby. I was able to cross of some varieties that were still on my list and add a couple that weren't. Only a few things left on my wanted list that I'll either buy or make a post here on THP and try to find. Have a great evening all.
is this still a SFRB?

If I didn't know better, I would say, I think I may see a train crash!!!

Scorched said:
jakarta-train2b.jpg
packed train :D

Man I keep reading every single post of this tread, and I got to say, that train looks like a LOT of fun! I'm really curious as to what the content looks like by now, but as Scorched said, posting a picture would spoil the fun for many.

I wish I could join in the fun... If there's a Canada train happening one day, count me in!

If anyone wants to take a photo I'm not against it at all, I'd just prefer a shot from the distance or all the seeds piled up just so all the labels can't be seen. I just didn't want to see a photo of all the seeds lined up where I could read most of the labels. I just like the surprise of opening the box and seeing what's in there. Just like Christmas! So if anyone wants to take pics, rock on

Wolf1888 said:

I wish I could join in the fun... If there's a Canada train happening one day, count me in!

I thought there was a Canadian seed train boarding? Or did it crash?

Good news. It arrived, I was astounded by it. Pretty tight fit!

I have bad news though, Bukowski, your not hot sauce shattered in transit. I'm thankful scorched wrapped everything seperately the bag was wet inside.
A pity too, it tasted nice, what I could lick from my fingers.

I'll have seeds added and I'll send it to New york in a couple days. Cheers everybody :)
We're all children. I laughed at the "vandalized" packet from Ikeepfish lol

Bah that sucks. Those  :censored:  assholes must've beat the shit outta that damn package for that to happen. I bubble wrapped all the glass items. Unbelievable. Maybe we should do away with glass. I know it might be messy but maybe anyone who wants to share sauce should put it in a good zipper ziplock. I don't want anyone accidentally getting badly cut reaching into the package and not realizing broken glass is inside. I don't wanna ban edibles. If someone really wants to share their hard work I really appreciate that. So yeah let's not do glass. Any sauces put directly (no container) in a (preferable) zipper ziplock baggie, squeeze out the air to conserve as much space as possible, and then put into another ziplock baggie just in case of a leak. Might not be pretty and might be a little messy but it's safe. Also should take up less room as we get near the end of the train. Thanks to those who shared powders, sauces, dried pods, etc. Maybe sometime we'll have to do an edible goodies train that is separate from the seed train. Who knows, might be interesting if enough people are interested.

I saw the "vandalized" seed pack as well.

Slizarus said:
Good news. It arrived, I was astounded by it. Pretty tight fit!
I have bad news though, Bukowski, your not hot sauce shattered in transit. I'm thankful scorched wrapped everything seperately the bag was wet inside.
A pity too, it tasted nice, what I could lick from my fingers.
I'll have seeds added and I'll send it to New york in a couple days. Cheers everybody :)
We're all children. I laughed at the "vandalized" packet from Ikeepfish lol
Ready and waiting for it Sliz. Looks like it will be here just in time for Christmas.

"I have bad news though, Bukowski, your not hot sauce shattered in transit. I'm thankful scorched wrapped everything seperately the bag was wet inside. A pity too, it tasted nice, what I could lick from my fingers."

Sorry about that. It never dawned on me to put some bubble wrap or something around those or shove them in a separate baggie. That sauce was one of my favorites too, Aji White Fantasy, Shallots, Angel Bells, Fuji Apples and I fermented with a Riesling. Nothing else was damaged though, correct?

Well Scorched wrapped them in bubblewrap for you. The nothot sauce broke despite being wrapped with the cherry bourbon sauce which was fine.

Everything else is golden. I picked the seed packs I'm taking some from already and I stuffed a couple baggies with powder. Just gotta put the seeds I want into my own baggies, prepare my seeds for the train, wrap everything up and ship it out.

And yeah TC, it'll be there Monday by it's latest. I'll get it to the post office by Thursday/Friday I expect.

Slizarus said:
Well Scorched wrapped them in bubblewrap for you. The nothot sauce broke despite being wrapped with the cherry bourbon sauce which was fine.

Everything else is golden. I picked the seed packs I'm taking some from already and I stuffed a couple baggies with powder. Just gotta put the seeds I want into my own baggies, prepare my seeds for the train, wrap everything up and ship it out.

And yeah TC, it'll be there Monday by it's latest. I'll get it to the post office by Thursday/Friday I expect.

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Anxiously awaiting it's arrival.  

Awesome. Train on its way to tctenten in good ole NJ. Lived just outside of Cape May until I was almost 6 and we moved to DE. Thanks for wrapping everything up Slizarus. Hopefully the post office won't use the train for an after hours game of soccer this time.

Train pulled in this morning.   :party:  :party:  :party:   Since i am off this week, I was able to spend a couple of hours going through all the seeds from the generous members that already participated.  The selection really is incredible.  I was also able to add a few varieties that I did not see in there.  Tony thank you for getting this rolling!!  Train will be departing for the short trip to Connecticut tomorrow morning.  I will update with tracking# when mailed.   

Local post office was open till  5PM so it is on the way to Connecticut

Tracking # 9405 9036 9930 0325 8336 32

Back