• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Scovie's Shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey + Eggs = Echh!!

So here's the story, I was 17 years old, the year was 1986. Thanksgiving leftovers. I was really really REALLY stoned one day and got the munchies somethin fierce. Leftover Turkey omelet! Sounds awesome!!

So I made up a 6 egg omelet with a pile of turkey, cheddar, pickled peños, and onions. I ate about half of it when all of a sudden, the turkey meat seemed chewy/rubbery. I looked at my plate and realized I was eating a bird wrapped in eggs. "EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! That's just WRONG!" The rest went into the garbage and I wanted to puke. Ever since. No way. I just can't do it.

One of those "bad experience phobias" I guess. LOL

Scoville DeVille said:
Turkey + Eggs = Echh!!

So here's the story, I was 17 years old, the year was 1986. Thanksgiving leftovers. I was really really REALLY stoned one day and got the munchies somethin fierce. Leftover Turkey omelet! Sounds awesome!!

So I made up a 6 egg omelet with a pile of turkey, cheddar, pickled peños, and onions. I ate about half of it when all of a sudden, the turkey meat seemed chewy/rubbery. I looked at my plate and realized I was eating a bird wrapped in eggs. "EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! That's just WRONG!" The rest went into the garbage and I wanted to puke. Ever since. No way. I just can't do it.

One of those "bad experience phobias" I guess. LOL
That actually sounds pretty damn good! May have to try that soon!

I'm not a huge turkey fan myself. So it's the turkey part he doesn't like. Okay.

What happened that day that wierded you out?

I can see now why you won't eat it. It reminds you of that day. Not the taste. What happened? Your outhouse burned?

I think it was a combination of the textures of the meat/eggs and weed.  :high:  :high:  :high:

Eggs and bird meat have a very similar texture.

Bad deal.

Hot dogs are good.

Pasta is good.

Hot dogs in a pasta dish baaaaaaaaaaad.

Okay NOW I get it.

:)

Yeah!

And another thing I'm weird about is stuff like cake and ice cream. Two plates please.

I don't want cake crumbs in my ice cream and I don't want soggy cake.

Grass Snake said:
Actually that sounds pretty good THP. 

Yeah, I could probably do that. Especially if I still smoked weed. LOL I wouldn't be all queebed out about it like eggs and turkey. ech. (just typing it gives me the heebie jeebies)
Oh god. ketchup is a whole 'nother deal. hahaha

Here ya go Scovie bon appetit
turkey-egg.jpg

Scoville DeVille said:
Yeah!

And another thing I'm weird about is stuff like cake and ice cream. Two plates please.

I don't want cake crumbs in my ice cream and I don't want soggy cake.

All this time I thought you were OSCAR but you're FELIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CJ, how do you deal????

oscar_felix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back