• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Season 2009 JungleRain

Very nice start of your season Grant, very excited to follow your progress in this thread during my down time. That is more plants than I've seen anyone ever attempt before and want to wish you all the best this year. Looks like a full time job to me.:lol:

srin2 said:
hmmm wonder if google map is updating always... hehe maybe can see your raise beds from the sky! :)

I haven't seen any updates at all in the last few years.
Nice going Grant. Keep us cold people informed on your progress and triumphs.

Thanks for all the praise guys.....now I'm going to feel like a real knucklehead if I stuff things up ;) fingers crossed all goes reasonably well :lol:

Just The Begining... :hell:

IMG_2967.jpg
IMG_2970.jpg

Now those are awesome beds JR. Right up my alley, but MUCh bigger raised beds. I love that type of gardening, but it's tough work getting them started.

Chris

Beautiful raised bad garden Grant lot of peppers hope you have wonderful season my friend.Raised beds produces more vegetable in better numbers also bigger pods too.

thaichillihead said:
Wow good job! I know that was some true labor. What kind of soil mix did you fill the raised beds with?

I used a mix of sand, wood bark, soil, Dynamic lifter, blood and bones and garden lime, still got to add a good mulch

boutros said:
Beautiful garden. You're going to have to hire someone for processing come harvest time!
Hope fully my son and a few of his mates will help, but I won't hold my breath...

cmpman1974 said:
Now those are awesome beds JR. Right up my alley, but MUCh bigger raised beds. I love that type of gardening, but it's tough work getting them started.

Chris
Thanks Chris, whoa sure was hard work, hope it will be worth the effort

peppermanbaha said:
go jr . looking awesome i only with i had my peppers organized like that
thanks peppermanbaha

915river said:
Beautiful raised bad garden Grant lot of peppers hope you have wonderful season my friend.Raised beds produces more vegetable in better numbers also bigger pods too.
Thanks Vladan
chilliman said:
what irragation have you got , or are you hand watering all of those ?
Looks pro grant !

I was thinking of putting in a micro spray system! ...any sugestions?

JungleRain said:
I was thinking of putting in a micro spray system! ...any sugestions?

:lol: a micro spray system and a few drippers ;) its what I have setup and seems to be doing great as it never saturates the soil. But we have not hit full on summer yet.
So I will see how they go, if it is evaporating to quick, my system is easily changed into JUST drippers.

Today I have just sown a few more that I didn't have and the last.......I hope!!!

PI 224448 Tangarine Bell
Angkor Sunrise
Amazon
Mak Phet
Berbere
Petit Marseillais
Murupi de Norte
7pot/pod White
7pot/pod Long
White Devil's Tongue
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate

Mak Phet, huh? Have some seeds and a plant I grew from seeds labeled Mek Phet. From Laos originally I think? You grown it long?

What's up w/the white 7 too- can't wait to see those!

Mak Phet means very hot in Thai, this is my first time to grow this one as well as most of the others, as for the 7pot/pod white I just received a parcel of very nice seeds I think maybe it is a hybrid 7pot/pod ...time will tell

Back