• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Season 2009 JungleRain

JR, you're officially doing the biggest grow-out ever. lol. Well, except for Stuard in Italy with this commercial plantation of ornamental peppers and one other person I know (10,000+ plant count). I can't wait to see the pictures as the season progresses.

Chris

Those raised beds are lookin awesome Grant. Definately alot of work, but all for the passion of Peppers!
Quite a nice final addition of Peppers there too.

Micca

Seriously dude you are a sick, sick man! Fully sick that is!

What do you plan to do with the million or so pods?

i suppose he'll eat them. or powder them or throw them at people for halloween or he could eat them like i said first but he could still do all thgat other stuff.

:crazy::crazy::shocked:

Novacastrian said:
Seriously dude you are a sick, sick man! Fully sick that is!

What do you plan to do with the million or so pods?

I'm going to "EAT THEM" muhahaha.....and shower with them ...umm and sleep with them...and what ever else a mad man would do...but seriously I'll probably make sauce, dry them, bag them up fresh, take cuttings and sell some seeds at the local markets to try and make a few bucks :hell:

tomtomnz said:
Thats a beauty of a garden mate! what sort of temps are you hitting in Vic at the moment??
thanks mate, the temps haven't been so good of late but I think its begining to look a bit better with average temps around a low of 7c over night and around 20c during the day

hi grant
how do you arrange the pepper plants on the bed ? how far apart do you plant them ? will there be cross contamination of seeds produced ? so how will you get seeds for the next batch ?

sri

I wish I could have the room to grow like that, typed as my girlfriend stands behind me telling me to not even think about it. Can't wait to see more pics as ya'lls season gets into full swing.

srin2 said:
hi grant
how do you arrange the pepper plants on the bed ? how far apart do you plant them ? will there be cross contamination of seeds produced ? so how will you get seeds for the next batch ?

sri

Hi Sri,
the peppers are planted 500mm apart, there most probably be cross contamination of seeds, but I will try and isolate as many as I can as well as do a few crosses

SeeYouJimmy said:
Are you copping some of that nasty wind today Jungle? Hope your plantation is doing well.

WIND bloody WIND, can't wait for the weather to get better, just when it begins to fine up... , the overnight temps drop and the winds come, but looks like this week its going to be a bit more sunnier

rds040800 said:
I wish I could have the room to grow like that, typed as my girlfriend stands behind me telling me to not even think about it. Can't wait to see more pics as ya'lls season gets into full swing.
thanks Derek, I'll be posting some pics soon, some pods are begining to form

Howz things going JR ??
Got all seeds up except light green scorp, and I have not put in all of the Thai strains either.
Not had the time....
I thank you again !
Ian

been realllllly busy planting all the babies out so far I have 370 planted out and just 99 to go with 212 different varieties all up, nothing much to post yet as the hot weather we had knocked the shiiiit out of them a bit, but they seem to be coming back now...fingers crossed

Back