Seed Trading Parcel 2010 (Round 2) - Canada/USA

Hmmm.....hopefully its just an oversite and he just missed you guys by mistake.......PM him.

The list is located on the first page of this thread too, if anyone is looking.

Hey,
The list has been fixed up there was a little cut and paste issue. All missed names have been added. Packages is going out this afternoon :).

qbvbsite said:
Hey,
The list has been fixed up there was a little cut and paste issue. All missed names have been added. Packages is going out this afternoon :).

Darn, this moved me from the first on the list to the fourth!

Oh well, just means that there will be three more additions before it gets to me!

millworkman said:
I am a little curious how the seeds were divided up between the two packages?
I pretty much just spilt the baggies into 2 piles (trying to keep as many varieties in each.. since we had over 100 of them).. since the ppl who get the first package will get the second package the next time around it doesn't really matter to much.

qbvbsite said:
I pretty much just spilt the baggies into 2 piles (trying to keep as many varieties in each.. since we had over 100 of them).. since the ppl who get the first package will get the second package the next time around it doesn't really matter to much.

ok cool. Just wondering.

qbvbsite said:
I pretty much just split the baggies into 2 piles (trying to keep as many varieties in each.. since we had over 100 of them).. since the ppl who get the first package will get the second package the next time around it doesn't really matter to much.

I agree, the split of the existing seeds isn't all that important (not to me anyway).

I am curious as to the split of people into two lists and the recipient order. Did you consider location at all? I'm a little concerned about travel time of the package. For example, I see Smoke is after Nate. Nate's in FL, Smoke's in CA. That's 3000 miles and several travel days via USPS.

I'm wondering if you might want to consider "zip-code order" for the list? That might move the package along faster between folks because it won't have as far to travel. Expediting travel time could be important, especially to those who are planning to plant these seeds this year.

Just a thought.:idea: (definitely NOT a criticism).

Anyway, thanks for coordinating this qbvbsite. I know it's a pita.

DownRiver said:
I agree, the split of the existing seeds isn't all that important (not to me anyway).

I am curious as to the split of people into two lists and the recipient order. Did you consider location at all? I'm a little concerned about travel time of the package. For example, I see Smoke is after Nate. Nate's in FL, Smoke's in CA. That's 3000 miles and several travel days via USPS.

I'm wondering if you might want to consider "zip-code order" for the list? That might move the package along faster between folks because it won't have as far to travel. Expediting travel time could be important, especially to those who are planning to plant these seeds this year.

Just a thought.:idea: (definitely NOT a criticism).

Anyway, thanks for coordinating this qbvbsite. I know it's a pita.

I randomly spilt the people into 2 lists (for fairness) then ordered the list in terms of location (I put all the canadian ppl on 1 list). There is a 3000 mile jump but thats because after CA its going up to BC. This is the reason I ask for everyones address so that I can map a route for the Packages. Hope that clears things up.

qbvbsite said:
I randomly spilt the people into 2 lists (for fairness) then ordered the list in terms of location (I put all the canadian ppl on 1 list). There is a 3000 mile jump but thats because after CA its going up to BC. This is the reason I ask for everyones address so that I can map a route for the Packages. Hope that clears things up.

Perfect!

Thanks again for doing this.

No Problem :).

Packages are away.... kreigle and monroe8091 should get them in a week or so (judging by the last package).

Ciao James-

Oh I'm sure it's a great relief to have those parcels out the door and out of your hands eh? It's a lot of work putting together parcels like that and you did 2 at once, so bless you for that! Have an excellent weekend and reward yourself. Maybe watch the Leafs lose to the Canucks..that's what we'll be doing!

That sounds like a plan :). Yep i'm glad there out and hope it not to late for everyone's season. Hoping to have it done in 3ish months which should be good. I think everyone will enjoy all the types of seeds in there, no joke theres about 40+ varieities per package. It hard to believe there was so many when i got the package back, I think it started with about 13. Hoping this goes smoothly and when we get around to Round 3 maybe we wil be up to 3 packages lol.

Back