seed-train Seed train caboose (at least from me)

This is the female half of teamcole lol and I would love to have some ornamentals if you have some to spare....
I have some Explosive Ember, and 3 varieties of Thai Chili ornamentals to spare for sure, and I have 1 tri colored variagata seed remaining that I can send if the 2 I put in the ground pop. Let me know if you need/want any of those and I'll send them out regardless of the train situation.

P1000775.jpg

P1000795.jpg

Thai Chili #1

P1000792-1.jpg

Thai Chili #2...this one looks better loaded with red pods. I had just harvested and trimmed it.

SD530781.jpg

SD530779.jpg

Thai Chili #3...

All three of theses are actually pretty good to eat. The #1 pictured is mild/medium, #2 is mild and #3 is pretty hot by annuum standards. They all work well in powders too.

PM me your addy and I'll send some out if you want them along with some explosive ember seeds if you would like those as well.

Shane

I emailed Laserguy and asked if he was planning to steal the train, or what was up.

No reply. However a quick check of his user lookup indicates he was online today.

laserguy
Member Since 19 Oct 2010
Offline Last Active Today, 08:03 AM

Which leads me to believe this train has crashed =/

That account has been around for a while - since 2010 - so thats approaching 2 years.

People (I wouldn't think) don't normally throw away 2 years of posting over seeds? Could his account have been compromised? Is it possible that while we thought this was laserguy, someone else has been in his account, and had the package sent to "neo-laserguy"?

Or is he just a DB?

TheSkyIsFalling.png

sky-is-falling2.jpg

TheSkyIsFalling3b.jpg

Theendisnear1jpg.jpg

Well, I hate to break-up your hysterical stampede, but...

THE SKY ISN'T FALLING

When I came back after the weekend to check my PM's, I was in utter SHOCK & DISBELIEF at the mountain of fraudulent accusations and hysterical nonsense that had been posted here since my last post on Friday! :eek:

Shortly after my last post, a couple of people went on the assault, launching a barrage of personal attacks, and accusing me of everything short of torturing small animals and running over old people for sport! When I saw all of this crap Monday night, I didn't even know where to start. Like I told teamcole, this dishonest business of attacking someone personally on numerous fronts, just to discredit them & undermine their positions has got to STOP. Some of the accusations were just plain crazy - I was responsible for the original box disappearing? :crazy:

And even if I responded to half of this nonsense, the same people will then just turn around and personally attack me for the length of my posts! (Which they have done repeatedly already, and which I am sure they will keep doing regardless!)

While I do want to address some of the more important issues later (like attempting to undermine the group's prior decision), there is one issue that demands immediate attention, as nmorris279 & friends are continuing pouring gasoline on the flames!

On Friday, someone attempting to "shout-over" the status info I had just provided barely an hour before, and by repeatedly screaming the same thing over and over again in a single post, implying that I was up to something nefarious with the Train!

For those of you that did not hear it above all of the hysterical screaming, in my last post I had provided the following status update regarding the Train's path -

@gnarlyeggs - per my agreement with teamcoal, we are giving Smiter_Q a few extra days to respond, before deciding which address the box will be sent to.

JUST THREE DAYS PRIOR to all of this, I also posted a detailed status update, on multiple topics. This included the issue of people feeling in such a rush, that another participant had been skipped entirely, and that the same thing had nearly happened to me! :eek:

Given that it's the previous person's responsibility to get ahold of the next in line, and not the other way around, and that some folks like Smiter_Q had actually signed-up for this last year, I suggested it might be advisable to agree to a minimum 1 week wait time, to prevent anyone else who had been waiting for months for this from getting screwed out of their turn because they didn't response instantaneously.

I also indicated that I was trying to get ahold of Smiter_Q, as he did not live that far away from me. I had spoken to teamcole about this, and given that Smiter_Q lived in the same state, and particularly given that he was geographically located between myself and the next stop, we agreed the best course of action was to try to route the train to Smiter_Q on it's way to South Texas. If Smiter_Q did not respond in a reasonable time, then I would send it directly to teamcole, would also try to get it to him, before the box then left the state for Bodeen in Indiana.

Second, the update also included a description of several problems with the box, which I was making an effort to fix, and which were caused in part by all of this excessive rushing. This included what appears to have been two different people that had felt so rushed and harried to get the box out the door, that they had inadvertently threw-in a total of 6 different varieties of unlabeled seeds! :eek:

Third, I had agreed with other members' observations about all the duplicate seeds. While this may not have been "titled" superhots, this swap started with over 650 seeds of exclusively sough-after superhot varieties, followed shortly by some exotic Pimenta de Neyde (something that's been on my "wants" list since 2010), and the box took a major "hit" when all those lovely seeds disappeared! I indicated that I was doing what I could to try to improve the quality of the box, and encouraged others to do likewise, to help-out the people after us. To that end, I stated I was adding some pretty choice stuff (all non-garden-variety, non-duplicates, pure breeds, and isolated), and was even drying-out some pods to spice-up the mix!

nmorris279's outrageous accusations to the contrary, both of these efforts were done by myself solely for the benefit of the people "down the line" (how could doing these things to help others possibly be considered otherwise? :crazy:), and neither of them involved any delay in the Train,:rolleyes: as I took the opportunity to do these things at the same time I was waiting to hear back from Smiter_Q.

At the time I posted all of this info in the update, no one objected to ANY of this (in fact, I had somebody I didn't even know PM me a compliment!)

Indeed, the only response was a extended conversation between two members about an alternative method for preventing what happened to Smiter_Q from happening to someone else!

It wasn't until the next day when nmorris279 launched an unprovoked, scathing personal attack, that all the craziness ensued.

On Friday after my last post, Melissa just ignored what I had posted just a few days prior, as well as the latest status update I had JUST provided indicating EXACTLY what was going-on with the box, and instead kept asking me "WHY HAVEN"T YOU MAILED THE BOX?!", deceptively ignoring that fact I had answered that very question just 58 minutes previous, and by repeatingly bashing me over the head with that same issue 5 times in one post, giving people the misleading impression that I was intentionally holding-up the box! :shame:

Later that night, nmorris279 then added fuel to the fire, by dramatically proclaiming that the hold-up had gotten SO bad, that he was just gonna have to start a whole new train! :rolleyes:

All of this silliness occurred LESS THAN TWELVE HOURS after I had just updated everybody on the status of the Train!!!

By Monday, this craziness had escalated to the point that one person was claiming the Train had been "hyjacked", and there was even talk of starting a SECOND new Train!!!

When I came back after the weekend to check my PM's, to see if I had heard back from Smiter_Q, and whose address I was sending the box to, and I saw all this crap!

To say I was PISSED when I saw what had happened over the weekend would be putting it mildly.

I sent a PM to teamcole Monday night expressing my frustration with the situation. I indicated it was going to take me a while just to figure-out how to respond to this mountain of nonsense, and asked him to give people a head's-up on what was actually going on in the meantime.

jsschrstrcks, when you saw that I had last been online at 7:03AM local time, that was me up since very early the next morning, making DAMN SURE that teamcole had received that PM!

I'm not sure who got the msg, but when I came back this morning I saw this silliness has escalated even further, mainly by the same handful of people that have been causing me problems this entire time!

So I'm putting a stop to this current nonsense NOW:

THE SKY ISN'T FALLING. NO ONE HELD-UP, HIJACKED, OR STOLE THE TRAIN. THE TRAIN IS ON COURSE. The train left here early this week, and is in South Texas near teamcole - if he hasn't received it already, he should get it today.

This is the female half of teamcole lol and I would love to have some ornamentals if you have some to spare....

Sorry that wasn't posted earlier - I could have thrown some stuff in the box for ya! But there is a couple things I put in already that you might like -

Jamaican2.jpg

This plant this was on was actually growing in a small pot on the dinning room table! In addition to beautiful pods, these also go great in spaghetti sauce!

ZimPod4631-1a.jpg

ZimFlower-4399-2.jpg

This one does great in containers, is compact, and makes a great windowsill plant!

I've also got some ornamentals & very pretty rare peppers growing, including this guy -

CambodianFlower1a.jpg

I've also got some Fish, Maui Purple, Tricolor Variegeta, and Bolivian Rainbow growing. Plus a mutant pepper that's supposed to be a Purple UFO, but looks like it got crossed with a Serrano or something, has beautiful purple pods. Plus some other things, will have to check. Perhaps we can do a trade or something later?

Box Now Also Includes:

*Latest info I've been able to track-down added to label of mis-identified PI # pepper

*Seed Lotto game, ready to play! Comes with Instruction sheet fitted into outer bag for easy reference.

*Added 6 different varieties of peppers - all non-garden-variety, all things not yet in box, all pure breeds, and all isolated seeds! :cool:

* One of those varieties is in the form of pods. Not sure if I would eat them though, the pods I was drying for the box were not yet fully dry. Didn't want to hold-up the box any with all the squawkin, so the pods I threw-in were some older ones from this Winter. Should be good for seeds though.

holy cow.... Did anyone get anything out of that other than Blah, blah, blah....blah?

oh yea... and PISSED, and that was just because it was in bold....

I seriously cannot read you're entire post, YAWN!! Nobody ever accused you of stealing the original train NOR did I ignore the previous post on the trains status! I SAID GET THE TRAIN OUT TO THE NEXT IN LINE ALREADY. NOBODY asked you to perform a makeover holding up the train for weeks, you decided that all on your own!

I was a part of this train, and although I was not thrilled with the selection I still added to the mix and sent it on it's way within 48 hours. How long have you had it now to perform an EXTREME MAKEOVER??? LOL!! :rofl:

This is NOT your train! The reason you are getting ganged up on is because you have proven to be a complete JERK! :shame:

WOW, sure hope it's over. I don't read long post or rants because I've found that often times they are a waste of time and regretted later. We're all adults and have a life (I hope) besides reading and posting on forums, I know I do.

With 3 seed trains running now it could be a blast. I've gained a lot from both this train and Seed Train 2012 and added a fair amount of seeds to them also. I may get on for a ride on the new seed train also since I grow peppers year around.

My only suggestion would be to Pm the person ahead of you and ask for their addy and if they are looking for certain seeds, then if you have those seeds to spare you can include them in the train. People are more apt to reply quick if there is somthing special in it for them, plus it shows you're thoughtful. Do this well in advance of receiving the seed train, then when the happy day arrives you know where it's going next and it can be on it's way the next day or two.

Curt

bullet points...

1. the person before you wanted to send it on 26th march, but couldn't because you were no where to be seen.

2. it is now 26th april.

3. you have been quite unkind to everyone on this thread.

4. it is not unreasonable to think you've stolen it - despite what you posted 6 days ago (not over the weekend as you suggested).

5. I'm now going to investigate the forum controls to see if there is a button to silence long winded vitriolic posts...

***update***

I found the ignore preferences area, and rather like it :D

My hobby now contains 33% less drama.

looks like we are back on track. woo hoo... just received the train today i am still at work so i havent seen it but the wife says it is quite impressive. I will not hold it up at all i will be home tomorrow and i will try to get it out to bodeen tomorrow evening or first thing sat. morning at the very latest with a tracking number.
rick.

I think it's amusing that he references getting upset this weekend about what people were posting. It's Thursday.

Not to pick a side, but you can't be surprised if people jump to a conclusion like you're keeping the train when we can tell that you're signing in regularly and not updating this thread. What ever your reasons are for doing it.

I'll say it again- I hope nothing comes along and gives you perspective on how silly of a thing this is to get worked up about.

Back