• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

senior citizen peppers

My 5 year old cayenne:

4647833183_58b03660da_b.jpg

(I know; not a super-hot)

I had 2 goats weed that hit 4 years old and both died within a month of each other, now my oldest again are 2 goats weed that are entering their 3rd year old and another 2 that are starting their 2nd year.

Great work on the fifth anniversary.

The main stem is starting to look like driftwood (an old man on his last legs). I hope you can get another year out of that senior citizen.

Super cayenne duane, has it always been in the same spot? Started in Jan. 2008 so it is exactly 2½ years old my 7 Pod Brain Strain mom w/ first early pods of 2010. Hope to keep this one alive as long as some of the other fine seňor peppers in this thread!!!1:lol:
IMG_4098.jpg

Out where I work, there are a few chilli "trees" getting around not sure of age or types but one looks like a cayenne and is EASILY 8ft tall. There is also a birds eye out here that would have to be 2-3ft tall and around 4ft round!! Will try to get some pics for you guys tomorrow.

I plan on taking a few of my best growing (and tasting) peppers and over-wintering them in my garage. I'm hoping that at least one will be a scorp, 7 Pod, or fatalii. We shall see how things go.

Back