• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Should I grow it?

Alright I have this burkina and I am only going to grow 1 of the 2. Usually leaves just grow straight up and out until they get a bit older right? well this guy isn't. One of it's first leaves is split sorta and then it grew another set but one of the first leaves is growing up along the stem and I'm just wondering if it is a genetic mutation like a 3 cotyledon or is just growing bushy already? Oh that is another plant next to it
100_4764.jpg

100_4763.jpg
100_4768.jpg

Thanks guys

yeah that was what I was thinking, couldn't have happened to better pepper, neils burkina scotch bonnet. Maybe not the best type but sure ain't the worst

My Burkina Yellow is funny looking too! I think it did the same thing. Got my seeds from Trade Winds Fruit. I've kept it alive so far. Sometime plants that start weird grow normal later.

a hybrid grows normal just different peppers I'm going to grow it I hope it means an awesome plant we shall see! I have just never seen a plant branch off so early.

Back