• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sideshow Gardens Grow Log.

Here's where it all starts at Sideshow Gardens. The seedling room. Heat and humidity controlled. The trays will only spend a couple days here til they get moved outside. Our daytime temps have been wonderful lately but night time temps are still pretty low so they all get brought back inside at night. Quite the chore since the seedling room is upstairs and I currently have way more trays than what is pictured. I've started tomatoes and peppers so far but that accounts for only a quarter of what I'll be growing. Stay tuned for further updates. Thanks for looking!

Edmick said:
At FULL (in ground) strength, the small bottle would make just shy of 200 gallons. It all depends how rich your soil already is though too. I would start with much less than that. Especially for peppers.
That's pretty good. A bottle would last me a good while. Sounds like it's worth the price.

EDIT: And a great price it is!!!

Just gotta play with it a little bit. It seems there's no right answer for everyones situation so trying different concentrations is important. I have some varieties that respond better to one concentration and others that seem to get pissed off with it. But starting low and working up til you find that happy place is the way to go.

Bhuter said:
That's pretty good. A bottle would last me a good while. Sounds like it's worth the price.

EDIT: And a great price it is!!!
It is worth the price. It's very concentrated and is considered a complete nutrient. It has all the micro and macro nutrients a plant needs. It has the highest trace mineral content of any nutrient on the market too

Edmick said:
It is worth the price. It's very concentrated and is considered a complete nutrient. It has all the micro and macro nutrients a plant needs. It has the highest trace mineral content of any nutrient on the market too
Awesome! I usually put garden lime in each hole at plant out and side dress each plant with it throughout the season. Do you think I'll have to adjust that since dyna gro has cal-mag in it?

Bhuter said:
Awesome! I usually put garden lime in each hole at plant out and side dress each plant with it throughout the season. Do you think I'll have to adjust that since dyna gro has cal-mag in it?
That I do not know sir. sorry. Probably depends how much calcium is in your water already too. I have a lot of calcium in my water already so I won't be adding any once they hit dirt but they'll still be getting dyna gro. My tomatoes and cukes might get some foliar spray cal mag though to avoid BER. I'm gonna play it by ear. My weather has been great and I wish I had all my plants in ground by now but i'm waiting for the tail end of my windy season to pass me by first. All I have in the ground so far is corn and onions and they're growing like weeds so I hope that's a sign that my soil is good.

Devv said:
The reason I asked is I use it, mainly for the maters. I do apply it to the peppers as well, just because if the maters really need it the peppers should too. I have found the foliar application works so much better. 2 times a week 1 tsp per gallon.

No more BER

Edit: LOL BLM? Where's my head?
Sorry for the quote on an old post devy but I want to try the foliar cal mag on my cukes and maters. What brand of cal mag do you use? I use botanicare and curious if your dosage would be the same for mine. Theres no foliar feed instructions on my bottle

Started some clones yesterday from my dancing plants. They don't seem to be pissed off yet so hopefully they take well.

Attachments

• 20180427_122604.jpg
    20180427_122604.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
Been harvesting some really nice green onions. Majority are meant for full sized onions but I planted them 1/2 spacing so I can harvest every other one for green onions as the season progresses. We use a lot of green onions so these are nice to have.

Attachments

• 20180428_153419-1.jpg
    20180428_153419-1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 68
Edmick said:
Been harvesting some really nice green onions. Majority are meant for full sized onions but I planted them 1/2 spacing so I can harvest every other one for green onions as the season progresses. We use a lot of green onions so these are nice to have.
Very healthy looking onion you have there. Looks pretty tasty. Smart thinking! Here's a guy who plans ahead.

Any thoughts on whats going on here? I thought initially spider mites cuz I did find some on it so I treated it and haven't noticed any in a while but it's continuing to spread. I'm thinking it's diseased and probably a lost cause but just wanted some other opinions. It's a lemon cucumber.

Attachments

• 20180502_105938.jpg
    20180502_105938.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 51
Edmick said:
Any thoughts on whats going on here? I thought initially spider mites cuz I did find some on it so I treated it and haven't noticed any in a while but it's continuing to spread. I'm thinking it's diseased and probably a lost cause but just wanted some other opinions. It's a lemon cucumber.

Looks like downy mildew to me.  It's a goner.  As it progresses, you'll be able to see spores on the undersides of the leaves.  If you have any other cukes or melons in the area, treat them for fungal diseases, ASAP.

nmlarson said:

Looks like downy mildew to me.  It's a goner.  As it progresses, you'll be able to see spores on the undersides of the leaves.  If you have any other cukes or melons in the area, treat them for fungal diseases, ASAP.
It does kinda look like that now that I looked it up. Thanks! I treat everything regularly with neem and no signs of spread to anything else. Almost everything I have is from seed but this one is store bought so I imagine it probably came with it. I've had it separated from everything else just in case. I'd like to see if it will pull through but my better judgement tells me to just toss it.

Edmick said:
It does kinda look like that now that I looked it up. Thanks! I treat everything regularly with neem and no signs of spread to anything else. Almost everything I have is from seed but this one is store bought so I imagine it probably came with it. I've had it separated from everything else just in case. I'd like to see if it will pull through but my better judgement tells me to just toss it.
Listen to that little voice inside your head. There's a fungus amongus. Ditch that plant. And NOT in the compost. Bag it.

nmlarson said:
It's just, I've been there. There is no coming back. Only spreading.
Yea for sure. I have thousands of plants going for my business so I don't like risking anything. Not gonna risk hundreds of others just to save a $3 bonnie plant. lol

Back