• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sideshow Gardens Grow Log.

Here's where it all starts at Sideshow Gardens. The seedling room. Heat and humidity controlled. The trays will only spend a couple days here til they get moved outside. Our daytime temps have been wonderful lately but night time temps are still pretty low so they all get brought back inside at night. Quite the chore since the seedling room is upstairs and I currently have way more trays than what is pictured. I've started tomatoes and peppers so far but that accounts for only a quarter of what I'll be growing. Stay tuned for further updates. Thanks for looking!

Half the tomato babies gettin ready for new homes.

Attachments

• 20180503_123700.jpg
    20180503_123700.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 50
Looks like 2 of the 3 clones I made off my dancing plant are going to make it. The center one is obviously toast. All good. They don't all make it.

Attachments

• 20180504_162640.jpg
    20180504_162640.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 50
Bhuter said:
That's great news!!! :woohoo: :dance: :dance:
Yep. I only did a few just to see how they did so now I can take cuttings on the rest of them. They're getting too tall for their case so I'm gonna take as many cuttings as I can all kill the parents off. Just cleared my grow room out today to start hardening off so now I can focus on ornamental plants.

Getting ready for dirt day. I wish they were in the ground already but waiting as long as I can to avoid any unexpected high wind days. One thing I love about container growing is that I can bring them in if need be. Oh well, fingers crossed. Still need to dig some rows then its game time.

Attachments

• 20180504_192402.jpg
    20180504_192402.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 44
Getting a lot of leaf curl on my corn plants today. Some even more severe than this. An evolutionary trait that corn developed to reduce transpiration on hot days like today. Mother Nature has all sorts of cool tricks up her sleeve doesn't she..

Attachments

• 20180505_140237-1.jpg
    20180505_140237-1.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 46
chocolatescotchbonnet said:
Perfect though.. for hardening them off. :)
Yea but it's about 95 right now. All my personal plants have been hardened off for a couple months now but it was cold and rainy at the beginning of the week and now it's hot as hell. Hopefully its not too much of a shock to them. We go from one extreme to another where I live.

These clones got a little root happy in the humidity dome wouldn't you say.. Didn't even get any rooting compound that far up. They should dry up and fall off now that they're out of the humidity dome. I think it's safe to say these ones are gonna take.

Attachments

• 20180506_113816-1.jpg
    20180506_113816-1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 44
RIP to the desmodium gyrans parent plants but their legacy will live on. Theres another 13 clones in the dome. Hopefully a good majority will make it.

Attachments

• 20180506_134311.jpg
    20180506_134311.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 48
PtMD989 said:
Hows the girls doing? Are they still producing in the heat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're doing fine. They're not producing yet. Got a late start on my personal plants. Hopefully once they hit dirt they'll grow fast. I have a really long growing season though so I'm not worried about it. My biggest concern is bugs. Ive got all the bugs under control now but just gotta keep a close eye on it.

When do all you in ground growers usually start fertilizing your in ground plants? This is only my second time growing peppers in the dirt. I've always done containers. I put down some compost and am going to put a handful of worm castings in each transplant hole. My corn and onions are doing amazing so far so I assume the soil quality is pretty good to start with.

Edmick said:
They're doing fine. They're not producing yet. Got a late start on my personal plants. Hopefully once they hit dirt they'll grow fast. I have a really long growing season though so I'm not worried about it. My biggest concern is bugs. Ive got all the bugs under control now but just gotta keep a close eye on it.
What IPM methods are you using to prevent pests from invading your domain?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Edmick said:
When do all you in ground growers usually start fertilizing your in ground plants? This is only my second time growing peppers in the dirt. I've always done containers. I put down some compost and am going to put a handful of worm castings in each transplant hole. My corn and onions are doing amazing so far so I assume the soil quality is pretty good to start with.
I usually wait 2-4 weeks. I spread a granule fertilizer before tilling (I think 12-12-12 or 11-15-11 it changed) and always add garden lime and sometimes epsom to each hole. Then I side dress with the latter two a couple more times throughout the year. So in my mind, they don't need food right away. I really don't know, though.

Back