• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Silver_Surfer ?? MIA

Anyone seen Silver_Surfer? Hasn't been logged  on since last August. Always enjoyed his glog,one of the best.   I have a bunch of plants growing from seeds I pulled from peppers he sent me last year and would love to show him some pics, and ask a few questions. If anyone has contact info please pm me. thanks 

The only one that has any recent contact with him is Vincent (Coheed). I talked with Silver_Surfer through PM's and it looks he just fell of the radar :( Hope he's doing okay!

Tmudder on FB has stopped making and selling sauces. I chatted with him a few days ago. Drops by here and there on FB but has mentioned that he's no growing one single plant

Its a shame when some of the gurus around the place drop off the radar .. a real loss of knowledge and education ...but as long as they are doing OK off site is the main thing ... quite a few of the longer serving members have dropped off since I started even .. hope they are all doing OK!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Tmudder on FB has stopped making and selling sauces. I chatted with him a few days ago. Drops by here and there on FB but has mentioned that he's no growing one single plant

Wow!  Did Todd say why?

i think facebook stole a lot of member here....    why cause faster to post pictures, bigger community etc...

meybe they will get back here or they are very busy

Roguejim said:

Wow!  Did Todd say why?

From what I remember, last year Tmudder's plants suffered a nasty infestation from Pepper weevils that pretty much cost him most of his pods, over 1,000.  yep, here is the youtube video he made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ocg72stYwH8

I don't understand how someone would quit THP for wasting even more time on failbook LOL
Anyway it's a shame! Everytime i hit the search button i see some very talented and friendly people has been here in the past! It's nice to see some old timers coming back every now and then leaving us wanting for more :)

Datil

When I was obsessed with golf I joined the largest internet forum on golf. I stop by there from time to time. When I was obsessed with collecting old cast iron I joined the largest internet forum on that subject too. Now my latest obsession is hot peppers lol. So its where I spend most of my time online. I still check in on those other forums but don't post much on them anymore. The same when I collected high end tequila's, I joined the largest internet forum to learn from the best. Since I stopped drinking tequila and collecting it I don't post on there anymore. 

Bump.  Here are some of the peppers Silver Surfer sent me last year. Would love to ask him a few questions about some of them..... 
Silversurferpizzapiepeppers_zpsd133c3dd.jpg

Considering my own disappearances, I don't know if I'm in a position to say this buuuut I'm gonna anyway.... I miss the old THP days and the old faces. :( Every time I come home there seems to be less and less and of them.

Datil said:
I don't understand how someone would quit THP for wasting even more time on failbook LOL

Taking into consideration it's popularity, I'm not quite sure fail is the word... but it's damn sure a fail in my book! (See what I did there? ;))

well I can't say why so many of the others aren't here so will just speak for myself.  Some of you know Charles passed last August.  Shortly after that I ended up in the hospital for a hip/pelvic repair.  Off to the nursing home for rehab, I finally got home mid-December.  My pepper crop had grown legs and walked away, most of it.  Health wise I still have to use a walker but I'm back to growing peppers, not a lot about 50, but I'll get there.  I know some of the others have had personal difficulties crop up but that's their stories to tell.  I miss what THP was back then.  I check in and find a lot of changes and less value on what the ones with experience taught.  I know things have to change and move on.  I'm on facebook, quite a few pepper groups over there also.  I think there is a place for any and all pepper groups, each acts in a different function.  I'd like to have THP back the way it was before but it's not going to happen.  Growers move on or adapt to the changes, sad to see so much experience leave and so many new ones that could benefit from what the old ones had to teach.

Freeport - wow, just wow.

pepperfever - I wish I knew what this was like back in the day.

I've never joined FB. Seems like I heard that younger people are leaving it now.

Back