• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Silver_Surfer's 20th Harvest 9-07-09

Todays 3LBs 3ozs chinense plunder.
DSCN1115.jpg

Habs are still wimpy.
DSCN1117.jpg

The Nagas are close to finishing this wave, but another set is racing ole man winter.
DSCN1119.jpg

Fataliis and Datils are setting another crop behind this one as well, but there's always something to pick.
DSCN1121.jpg

I'm enjoying the cooler weather and the peppers seem to like it too.

looks like you had fun this morning...I just finished picking and am going to put up a harvest post too...I didn't realize you had already had 20 harvests SS....great going and just think...the best is yet to come...

great looking assortment of true heat...

You just keep posting the same pics over and over again!:P The least you could do is drink some of the JD. Congrats on all the great harvest you have had this year SS.:lol:

NTCHILLI said:
Awsome, well done the fruits look very healthy.

Thanks man, good luck with your peppers this season.

AlabamaJack said:
looks like you had fun this morning...I just finished picking and am going to put up a harvest post too...I didn't realize you had already had 20 harvests SS....great going and just think...the best is yet to come...

great looking assortment of true heat...

Thanks AJ.
It didn't take me quite as long to pick em as it did you. ;)
Next year the plan is over 100 plants and the picking will be a little more labor intensive. :rolleyes:

millworkman said:
As always, looking good SS. What kind of scale do you use?

An old Pelouze brand spring loaded scale that weighs up to 25LBs. It weighs a little light when checked against my digital scale, but the digital only weighs up to 400 grams so the old scale is close enough for me. I might keep better records next year and record separate weights for different peppers, but probably not. :-)

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
You just keep posting the same pics over and over again! The least you could do is drink some of the JD. Congrats on all the great harvest you have had this year SS.

Thanks Cappy, but the open bottle is kept in the freezer. Would you rather I used an empty. ;) Thanks in part to you I'm going to have a lot more plants and variety to harvest next season. :-)

patrick said:
Yeah what PRF said.

Looking great SS.

Thanks patrick, that order from England still hasn't arrived.
No word from customs though, so maybe it just takes awhile longer.

Pepperfreak said:
Looks like a great haul! Enjoy the heat!

Thanks PF, I believe I will. :)

Another great harvest dude. I noticed the same thing with the cooler weather, the habby plant I have seems to really be podding up.

Sweet pics. Those Habs must be wimpy in heat because they sure aren't wimpy in size. Great looking pods. I'm ready for a fresh bottle of JD myself.

great looking haul SS. 100 plants next year? geez how much land do have? the wife (assuming you are married) doesn't mind that many around?

Diablo said:
Another great harvest dude. I noticed the same thing with the cooler weather, the habby plant I have seems to really be podding up.

Thanks, yeah more pods on mine but ripening smaller.

bigt said:
Sweet pics. Those Habs must be wimpy in heat because they sure aren't wimpy in size. Great looking pods. I'm ready for a fresh bottle of JD myself.

Actually they're a little hotter, but are ripening smaller than earlier in the season. Thanks bigt.

tomtomnz said:
I am jealous of both your harvest and the bottle of booze!

Best sippin' whiskey made. :cheers:

peter pepper said:
great looking haul SS. 100 plants next year? geez how much land do have? the wife (assuming you are married) doesn't mind that many around?

Thanks pete. Space ISN'T a problem. :) This year all hots went in pots, but I plan on building a few raised beds this Fall for next season and compare their performance to the same varieties in containers and also some planted in the garden.

I rule this roost. ;)

Noshownate said:

Thanks, I see your Fataliis are starting to blush.

Wife already thinks I'm growing more than we can eat in a lifetime, but she doesn't understand my role models :shocked:

Indeed a lovely harvest of fine quality peppers and the j.d is no bad idea as away of enjoying an evening of heat :).

SanSoo said:
Wife already thinks I'm growing more than we can eat in a lifetime, but she doesn't understand my role models :shocked:

More than I can use too, but plan on planting 10 times more next season. It's an addiction. :)

talas said:
Indeed a lovely harvest of fine quality peppers and the j.d is no bad idea as away of enjoying an evening of heat :).

Thanks talas, I do enjoy my sippin whiskey. It helps cool and flush the mouth for the next round. ;)

How's your harvest of the winter hardy plants coming along?

Back