• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Silver_Surfer's Soggy Setback 2013

When the ground almost gets dry enough to work, it rains again.
Soggy5-6-13_zps48858a8e.jpg

Plants are long past ready and beginning to get root bound.
Plants5-6-13_zpsccad1e1f.jpg

More rain today. At least the SE no longer suffers from a drought.

Thanks fellas.

T Scorp Mustard
TScorpMustard6-28-13_zpsf60ab24e.jpg

TSMB
TSMB6-28-13_zpse4dd003b.jpg

UBSC
UBSC6-28-13_zpsacb3fff7.jpg

Yellow Primo  These are larger than I expected.
YellowPrimo6-28-13_zps191d4117.jpg

Ecuador Red Rocoto  It continues to set pods even though temps here have hit 98F and are regularly in the mid 90s. I think I finally found the pube for my climate. ;) Gonna need more support if it keeps this up. It gets morning sun from about 7:30 til 11:00 and shade the remainder of the day.
EcuadorRedRocotopodset6-28-13_zps4117a283.jpg

Black Pearl
BlackPearl6-28-13_zps07727abc.jpg

Glad to see that things are doing so well!

You have the timing down...something I have to work on..first year for me...

But I have to say, watching those who have been doing this for a while...just adds to my knowledge!

Glad to be here to experience the masters!

Oh no, I think you'll like what I am doing with the others. Hint, it's 25 X 15 and is getting a couple yards of horse poo/compost dumped on it tomorrow

my god!   everything grow at light speed on you place!!!  wish i had that kind of temperature up here!  

Impressive garden and selection!   tehre is some Nasty looking pod our there!

Those yellow primo dont have too much the look of a primo but love the shape!

Dude, your grow has gone into warp drive!  Pods freakin' galore!  Everything is looking great.  Those Fataliis are huge!

Funny you posted the horned worm.  I have found three so far this season, all on the same plant:  one of my Sepia Serpents.  Small world.

Anyway, keep it up man!  Incredible grow.

Wow, all your plants are beautiful, the garden sure did drop the shifter into third. Love the poddage SS. So many new strains are exploding onto the scene over this last year, it's crazy. Wonder what next season's grow lists are going to look like...lol

Devv said:
Glad to see that things are doing so well!

You have the timing down...something I have to work on..first year for me...

But I have to say, watching those who have been doing this for a while...just adds to my knowledge!

Glad to be here to experience the masters!

Your grow is doing fine for any year and exceptionally well for the first. :)

MGOLD86 said:
Looking great man. Always love your updates.

Thanks Matt, gotta get ya some of these to chomp on soon.
devil.gif

coheed196 said:
Oh no, I think you'll like what I am doing with the others. Hint, it's 25 X 15 and is getting a couple yards of horse poo/compost dumped on it tomorrow

Sounds terrific. In ground is where it's at. ;)

Hammerfall said:
my god!   everything grow at light speed on you place!!!  wish i had that kind of temperature up here!  

Impressive garden and selection!   tehre is some Nasty looking pod our there!

Those yellow primo dont have too much the look of a primo but love the shape!

Thanks, yeah they look nothing like the original Primo (have some of those growing again this year too), but they do look like they may have a sting. ;)

DocNrock said:
Dude, your grow has gone into warp drive!  Pods freakin' galore!  Everything is looking great.  Those Fataliis are huge!

Funny you posted the horned worm.  I have found three so far this season, all on the same plant:  one of my Sepia Serpents.  Small world.

Anyway, keep it up man!  Incredible grow.

I've got 2 of those devils. Only found the one so far, but the other is well hidden on a mater plant. May have to break out the Spinosad.

3/5King said:
Wow, all your plants are beautiful, the garden sure did drop the shifter into third. Love the poddage SS. So many new strains are exploding onto the scene over this last year, it's crazy. Wonder what next season's grow lists are going to look like...lol

Thanks King. I keep trying to reduce the varieties I grow every year, but can't seem to succeed. :D

Peptacular said:
Mighty damn fine lookin plants. What's a Trinidad scorpion mustard? Never heard of it. As If that means much.

Thanks, the TS Mustard is a mustard colored scorp. If ya look closely at the pic one is ripening at the bottom of the plant.

SurferAllen: gorgeous! And +1 on Red Rocoto. Yellows just not working out even in partial shade. Judy (pepperlover.com) offered a Mexican Manzano and it seems to be doing well, sorta . . . but don't know which strain of red I have. Highs here have been in upper 80's/low-mid 90's. Yogi Berra said, "It ain't the heat; it's the humility" and pubs humble me. Yogi, now, it's both.

Nice view of your nature runs!

Also, Thanks for posting pics of the Infinity! I've been looking for other plants/pods to compare this years batch too,and the Black Pearl is a BEAUT!

Suhweet! Man your plants look happy! I like to see that the "serious" growers throw in some ornamental varieties too! Red Rocoto podding up in spite of the heat and humidity over there, good on ya. FYI I have grown Orange/Yellow Manzanos out here and they set tons of pods. Temp here yesterday was 105 so you may wanna give them a shot too. I like their flavor better than the reds. Love the shape of them Mustard Scorps...elongated with perfect tails. Beautiful stuff you got going brother!

Yea man, for one I couldn't afford that many damn containers and even if I could I wouldn't be able to afford the dirt to fill them lol. I had to go to craigslist to find someone with a rototiller but $65 to bring their tractor and rototiller out here sounded like a good deal to me.

adamk2212 said:
Plants look great. I really love that Black Pearl. It's beautiful.
Thanks, I grew a Pearl back in 2009 and thought it was time to grow again and renew seed stock.
2009 Black Pearl
BlackPearl6-20-09.jpg

FreeportBum said:
Wow what a great grow! plants look awesome.   really like the pods on that mustard tscorp plant.

The Mustard Scorp looks like its ripening to the correct mustard color, thanks.

annie57 said:
SurferAllen: gorgeous! And +1 on Red Rocoto. Yellows just not working out even in partial shade. Judy (pepperlover.com) offered a Mexican Manzano and it seems to be doing well, sorta . . . but don't know which strain of red I have. Highs here have been in upper 80's/low-mid 90's. Yogi Berra said, "It ain't the heat; it's the humility" and pubs humble me. Yogi, now, it's both.

I've grown yellows and orange manzanos in the past and had em set while temps were cooler in the Spring and some in the Fall, but not like this red from the equator. I have 2 other red varieties that haven't set the first pod this season. I tried some last season in the garden and mostly just got a plant with overlapping leaves so dense ya couldn't see or reach through the canopy and very limited pod set, so I moved back to the sheltered porch where they always have performed best for me.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Amazing grow and setup and awesome looking plants and pods!

Thanks, they are starting to get their second wind.

Fremp said:
Nice view of your nature runs!

Also, Thanks for posting pics of the Infinity! I've been looking for other plants/pods to compare this years batch too,and the Black Pearl is a BEAUT!

The Infinity is a hot one. I enjoy the looks of the Pearl too, thanks

Spicegeist said:

I wonder if they will turn yellow...

Shouldn't be too much longer to find out. :)

stc3248 said:
Suhweet! Man your plants look happy! I like to see that the "serious" growers throw in some ornamental varieties too! Red Rocoto podding up in spite of the heat and humidity over there, good on ya. FYI I have grown Orange/Yellow Manzanos out here and they set tons of pods. Temp here yesterday was 105 so you may wanna give them a shot too. I like their flavor better than the reds. Love the shape of them Mustard Scorps...elongated with perfect tails. Beautiful stuff you got going brother!

Serious? :lol:
I've had a few yellow and orange varieties have limited set in past grows and really like em stuffed and baked. If you have a variety that can take the heat we surely need to swap some seed. ;) Thanks

coheed196 said:
Yea man, for one I couldn't afford that many damn containers and even if I could I wouldn't be able to afford the dirt to fill them lol. I had to go to craigslist to find someone with a rototiller but $65 to bring their tractor and rototiller out here sounded like a good deal to me.

Yep, damn good deal. I couldn't transport my tractor that far on $65 with the price of fuel now.

Silver_Surfer said:
Thanks, I grew a Pearl back in 2009 and thought it was time to grow again and renew seed stock.
2009 Black Pearl
BlackPearl6-20-09.jpg

Wow, just wow, I'm going to have to get my hands on those seeds for next year. Keep up the awesome stuff.

Back