• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SineNomine 2021

Hi all!

Although I'm pretty old around here, this will be the first Glog.

I have been growing peppers on the balcony since 2014. Last year I switched everything to hydroponics and I am very happy with it.

Here is the growing list:

Hanging pots:
- Fatalii 6
- Fatalii Red 2
- Yellow Devil's Tongue 1
- Papa Joe's SB 3
- Scotch Bonnet MOA 3
- Black River SB 1

Floor pots:
- Pimiento de la Puta la Madre 3
- Lemon Drop 2
- Chile Rayado 4
- Jalapeño M 4
- NuMex Vaquero 4
- Yellow Devil's Tongue 1
- Tepin x Lemon Drop 3
- "Aji Cito" (Panama) 1

mPGMnOe.jpg

m8liqYZ.jpg

C2GnwSC.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff Sine.  Looks like you finally have a bit of space in the tent again - for the time-being, anyway.  I'll be curious to see how the rayado does for you inside over the summer.  Mine have always struggled a bit outside until the weather gets fully hot, and only then have done really well.  I figure they'd do well inside and have been thinking about including one in my indoor grow I'll start in a few weeks.

Thanks CD!
Unfortunately, Chile Rayado and Aji Cito were ill. I guess it could be something transmitted through seeds because exactly the two varieties I received all the plants died. I put some more Rayado seeds, two plants sprouted. One of its leaves began to fall just yesterday evening. I took it out and today I see that spots have appeared on the second plant as well. I'll try to sprinkle with some copper, but I don't expect much.

Definitely sounds like a seed-born disease of some kind, SN.

Thank you!
I'm convinced I only won one battle. The war is not yet won. 

Last Saturday I changed Canna pH- organic acid with Canna pH- Bloom.
With Organic acid I had big problems of pH stability. Adjust to 6 and after the first watering salt to 7 - 7.5.
On Sunday morning I set the pH of the tank to 5.5.
Sunday evening: 5.74.
Monday evening: 5.96.
Tuesday evening: 6.0
pH- Bloom seems to be the right choice.

You've created a great place to relax and enjoy life. I'm still waiting for another view from the street, now that the plants are larger. The neighbors have to love the view as well. I know I would!

Back