• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Skullbikers 2019 Indoor/Outdoor NOT PEPPERS Glog

...and a grate or two of Parmesan = awesome.

I'm not a kohlrabi guy but you sure grew some decent heads! I might have to pay attention because I have family who are more into kohlrabi than I am. 

I have not posted anything new here in a while so I will post a few pics of some of the fruit trees on our new property.

Something citrus

C897232B-28A8-4756-97C8-487C2FCE5B29.jpeg

Something else citrus

584A0D07-86BB-4E0D-853F-627841D34107.jpeg

Grapefruit

D0FACE17-B6D3-4AB2-897F-F94AF472ABDC.jpeg

3EC87ED8-D72E-4538-BFD6-B80E4B1F5EBE.jpeg

Avocados

2B579C54-3C37-498D-8185-6F6C88F27927.jpeg

Papaya

AAB585E0-5419-4B29-9180-966E5AED577F.jpeg

Bananas

028E5636-0E90-44CE-B9CC-F521E8851E05.jpeg

There were a couple of pineapples growing but some animal decided it wanted them! Also the last trip down six weeks ago we ate a few of the ripe mangos off of one tree, they are all gone now. I did plant 5 of the mango seeds before we left six weeks ago and now I have 3 little seedling trees!

I can only dream. It looks wonderful and like you will be keeping busy. If any of those trees ends up being a Meyer lemon, they make KILLER lemon curd.

Look at all of those fruits just waiting for you...so happy you finally made the move..nice place.

Congrats SB & hope you spend many days chilling ..oh wrong choice of word LOL,now

you can indulge in all of the tropical fruits etc. that we dream of..I spend some time in South America

and we use to just go & pick ripe mangoes/papayas etc off the trees and eat it right then & there,it's

a great feeling,now fruits purchased takes forever to ripe & don't taste anyway like fresh..fresh is best always.

Anyway,looking forward to your adventures & photos...enjoy. ;)

BTW...Is a Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum)is on your to get list?

skullbiker said:
My Mango seedlings that I started from seed.

attachicon.gif
FB279329-B432-4299-A41F-8EB628FFDBB1.jpeg

Just so you know...  Any mango variety that you plant because you like it, rarely - and I say rarely, because never is a bad term - grows true.  Almost all mangoes are F1 hybrids.
Now, if you really want to grow a good one, and have space on your new land, check out Valencia Pride.  These are absolutely the best mangoes that I've ever eaten.  Big, S shaped fruits, up to 3 lbs each, and the trees grow fast.  And HUGE.
The big citrus in the pic next to your hand looks like pommelo.

skullbiker said:
It is awesome. I could not have even dreamed about it living up in the frozen tundra of Minnesnowta. Looking forward to planting more fruit bearing trees.

You may want to see if Lychees are hardy in your area.  One of the best Florida fruits, IMHO.
If you want any pineapples, I have sugarloaf variety growing like weeds.  Shout out.

solid7 said:

Just so you know...  Any mango variety that you plant because you like it, rarely - and I say rarely, because never is a bad term - grows true.  Almost all mangoes are F1 hybrids.
.Now, if you really want to grow a good one, and have space on your new land, check out Valencia Pride.  These are absolutely the best mangoes that I've ever eaten.  Big, S shaped fruits, up to 3 lbs each, and the trees grow fast.  And HUGE.
The big citrus in the pic next to your hand looks like pommelo.
I have found a few mango trees growing here at various stages of growth. Just like my op pepper plants that have been crossed and recrossed, I will just see what comes of the seed grown mango trees. I have a bit of space but am still working on planning where to put different plants as I have a bit of full shade areas because of old huge trees. And, just for clarity, that is my wifes hand in the pic.

solid7 said:
You may want to see if Lychees are hardy in your area.  One of the best Florida fruits, IMHO.
If you want any pineapples, I have sugarloaf variety growing like weeds.  Shout out.
Online info for the Lychees is zone 10 and up, I think I am 9b so maybe, maybe not. Will have to see about the pineapples. I am thinking by some of your posts that you are on the east coast. If so, Hopefully you can weather the storm because it looks like it will be tough for the coastal areas from Palm Beach north.

The tomatoes are poppin out nicely now. Tomatoberry in the first row, Pretty In Pink in the second row. Broccoli in third row and Kohlrabi in fourth row. No peppers up yet but that would be wishful thinking at 3 1/2 days after planting.

66E36EDE-F374-462A-A3F8-4B2F6B5B0C9F.jpeg

First time using this seed starting mix, veggies coming up, will see if peppers like it.

4E7EB7D8-F8AB-45F6-A698-68D4013290B8.jpeg

Potted up my Tomatoberry tomato seedlings to 4 inch pots. I had 100% germination with my seeds saved from last year. I had 6 cells with 3 seeds each, i ended up with 17 seedlings(I mauled the single helmet head). I may have to get rid of a few started plants!

832D2135-155D-482F-AA7C-65A4C5918C79.jpeg

The Pretty In Pink tomatoes had about 60% germination, will pot them up this afternoon.

skullbiker said:
Just as in the sand up north, everything here except trees will be in containers.

If you happen across anyone in your area that sells aged/composted pine bark fines, or mixes based on the same, give it a try for container media.  And if you can get it cheap enough - and it's typically pretty cheap, being a Florida natural resource - it's the best thing down here for raised beds.  Can't say enough good about it...

I know you probably have a million other things going on right now, but just thought I'd throw that out. 

Back