• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

SKULLBIKERS 2021 Everything BUT Peppers GOLOG

Big Beef Tomatoes

0AAF8AD1-2095-4BE7-90EF-D380FD2C0436.jpeg

721287E5-196E-43CC-BF02-F6F2D95BAD22.jpeg

Lemon Boy Tomatoes, Eh.

3A3DFD43-93B6-450E-ADFE-165EECD8521E.jpeg

Almost living in "bean town".

95FD5E7A-0E3A-475F-AA76-4AC103AF709F.jpeg

skullbiker said:
Potted up a few more Passion Fruit plants that were grown from seed.

I'm curious to see how big they will become... Passion fruit is not difficult to come by over here, but neither is it very common. Which I find somewhat surprising. The climate is good, I'd expect to see more of it.

ahayastani said:

I'm curious to see how big they will become... Passion fruit is not difficult to come by over here, but neither is it very common. Which I find somewhat surprising. The climate is good, I'd expect to see more of it.
I'm trying to figure out just where to put it. I have about a dozen more plants that are bigger. It is said to vine up 10 - 12 feet. We will see. You should be able to grow it there as well, I just used seeds from store bought fruit. Germination on mine was several weeks to many months.

skullbiker said:
I'm trying to figure out just where to put it. I have about a dozen more plants that are bigger. It is said to vine up 10 - 12 feet. We will see. You should be able to grow it there as well, I just used seeds from store bought fruit. Germination on mine was several weeks to many months.

It's one of the plants I'm postponing until I have some land... that's also why I'm curious to see how big it can become in your environmental conditions :D When locals here say "big", it can be anything from 1 to 100 ft...

I had the same with chayote. I was going to toss a chayote in a growing container until I saw what kind of beast this plant can become in the garden of a relative - and his growing conditions are OK, while mine are beyond optimal :D

Eeeeeeekkkk...........left over neglected tomato plants.
I'm gonna stick em' in the ground behind the garage and test a theory for repelling root knot nematodes. If it works they'll grow and produce and if not........they will get fat knobby roots and wither away. 

F7E9179E-8C8A-41AA-B1A7-90D2C0894BEB.jpeg

In the ground, I ended up putting in eight plants. The look a little weak! I'll take a pic tomorrow after they fluff back up.

1690F684-8BEC-4110-B147-61D489C25EB5.jpeg

skullbiker said:
It looks like the bananas are ripe. I'll cut them in half lengthwise and freeze dry them for future snackin'.

I prepare a banana licuado in the morning for one my kids with deep frozen banana. I cut almost overripe bananas in large chunks and store them in the freezer. In the morning I take the equivalent of one banana, add milk to make 1 big cup of licuado, some vanilla, some sugar. Very simple, delicious, especially because the banana is "ice cold".

Bananas are very cheap here, about 0.50 US$ for 3 kilos.

I searched for and English language equivalent of licuado, but I couldn't find one. It's not milkshake.

And good luck with those pineapples!

skullbiker said:
I just picked the first three Waltham Butternut Squash.

Man, it sure seems strange to see a winter squash picked in the Spring, lol. Congrats!

Back