• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Skullbikers ALL of 2020 Outside NOT PEPPERS Glog

PtMD989 said:
It’ll be fun getting that Big Zac out of the cage, eh.
How do ya like those Lemon Boy maters?
I just wonder how much bigger it will grow. I think the record for these is something over 5 lbs! [emoji15]
The Lemon Boys are real good sliced and secret spiced. I have not used them for anything else yet. I think about another half dozen will be ripe before Monday.
How dark do the Kumatos get when ripe? I think I have a couple just about ready.

skullbiker said:
I just wonder how much bigger it will grow. I think the record for these is something over 5 lbs! [emoji15]
The Lemon Boys are real good sliced and secret spiced. I have not used them for anything else yet. I think about another half dozen will be ripe before Monday.
How dark do the Kumatos get when ripe? I think I have a couple just about ready.
Mahogany color. [emoji16].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first Sun Sugar tomatoes here.

5E59ABBB-C352-4FE9-9936-32937E3237E2.jpeg

Tomato day today. Lemon Boys, Kumatos, and Sun Sugar.

2A3B82A6-2281-4DFC-8EBE-5341B621821E.jpeg

So I started eating them!

47229DB2-A5DA-4977-B559-50764B960279.jpeg

Aaaaaannnndddddd.........my first bud on an artichoke. Now to see if it evolves to fruit. They say you cannot grow them in Florida. They said I probably could not grow them when I was in Zone 3a in MN, but I did. We shall see.

DB113170-844B-4EF0-AE98-11D448355B01.jpeg

Plus you have to try keep the population of these down.

95F5984B-EBCF-4400-BEF3-8176B236B2AD.jpeg

8D654ADE-B3D9-4021-8D3E-7DEB281BC65A.jpeg

PtMD989 said:
Master Mc Skullbiker, what is your take on the Kumato and Lemon Boy mater[emoji848].

Thumbs up on the Lemon Boys , Good tasting slicers. Jury is still out on the Kumatos, I need to figure out where the niche is for them as far as eating. How do you use your Kumatos?

skullbiker said:

Thumbs up on the Lemon Boys , Good tasting slicers. Jury is still out on the Kumatos, I need to figure out where the niche is for them as far as eating. How do you use your Kumatos?
I use them for everything from ‘ mater sammiches (with miracle whip), salsa, juice and eating right off the plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second round Tomatoberry plants, these are still my favorite tomato of all I have ever had.

0EBBD880-28DE-43B7-8A33-F5A2EC6C59CA.jpeg

B7DCAA18-74B9-4C79-B35D-0EC5AF4B5D4A.jpeg

Florida 91 on the left, SV7846TH on the right.

D43D905A-1F42-4993-A578-F2C8FA897D39.jpeg

One of the SV7846TH tomatoes, 241 grams. I will slice and sample both of these types at lunch today.

B9AD4D04-5635-4445-983B-02B2AFBE5EE7.jpeg

Spoiler on the Big Zac, it started to turn 2 days ago. 

3FF94BEA-E9A0-4651-8192-EB4A34CDAA05.jpeg

Taste test per post #90. After slicing them, there is a noticeable visual difference. The Florida 91 on the left, SV7846TH on the right. For me, the Florida 91 is the winner in the taste test as the SV7846TH seemed to be a little bland to me. I think the SV7846TH may make a good salsa tomato as it is very meaty plus then you would have other ingredients mixed in to enhance flavor, the walls of this tomato are very thick and quite firm. 

95DDA201-F126-4536-83C4-541F11387C3F.jpeg

Picked a few tomatoes this evening. 
Top left to right: (5) Florida 91, (7) super awesome Tomatoberry, bag of Sun Sugar,  Big Zac, Celebrity, (2) Pink-a-licious
Bottom: bunch of Lemon Boys, bunch of Kumatos.

DA755BD2-7BC2-4FAD-ADE0-6B1B7BE2D5EA.jpeg

I will say it once more, These are the best!

4C5CEC70-7102-41C3-BFD9-2B55C0578CF9.jpeg

And these are pretty darn good too when working in the garden area.

E0AF69C6-9EC8-451A-A418-A488DEAF36CB.jpeg

i`ve grown the sun sugar for the last 3 years, usually 2 plants and they are such heavy producers that i give bags of them away. they are by far the sweetest tomato i have ever grown. peppers always seem to do pretty good year after year but some tomatoes each year seems to be hit or miss. some years we get loads and other years they don`t do so well. new england weather plays into it. i usually get a variety of different types such as big boy, beefsteak, early girl along with a couple of heirloom types. i usually buy seedlings in the box stores because i don`t have space to set up a grow tent or room for starting seeds. now, i gotta ask. the tomatoberry is hands down the best for what reason? i assume the taste? they look really good as for as color and being blemish free. i take it these were started from seed. i have never seen this for sale as seedlings. BTW your grows are always fantastic. 

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
i`ve grown the sun sugar for the last 3 years, usually 2 plants and they are such heavy producers that i give bags of them away. they are by far the sweetest tomato i have ever grown. peppers always seem to do pretty good year after year but some tomatoes each year seems to be hit or miss. some years we get loads and other years they don`t do so well. new england weather plays into it. i usually get a variety of different types such as big boy, beefsteak, early girl along with a couple of heirloom types. i usually buy seedlings in the box stores because i don`t have space to set up a grow tent or room for starting seeds. now, i gotta ask. the tomatoberry is hands down the best for what reason? i assume the taste? they look really good as for as color and being blemish free. i take it these were started from seed. i have never seen this for sale as seedlings. BTW your grows are always fantastic. 

I usually do several varieties each year, and try one or 2 new ones. This year I am trying several new(to me) types to see what works in my new environment. Pretty much every year I do Tomatoberry, Sun Sugar, Big Zac(always hoping for that rare monster), and Pretty in Pink. This year I added the Lemon Boys & Kumato(from Ptmd989), Florida 91, SV7846TH, Celebrity, and Pink-A-Licious. All started from seed. I have a very limited taste palate and to me personally the Tomatoberrys are the absolute best. 

skullbiker said:

I usually do several varieties each year, and try one or 2 new ones. This year I am trying several new(to me) types to see what works in my new environment. Pretty much every year I do Tomatoberry, Sun Sugar, Big Zac(always hoping for that rare monster), and Pretty in Pink. This year I added the Lemon Boys & Kumato(from Ptmd989), Florida 91, SV7846TH, Celebrity, and Pink-A-Licious. All started from seed. I have a very limited taste palate and to me personally the Tomatoberrys are the absolute best. 
out of your grow list i have only done the sun sugar that do great year after year and the celebrity which didn`t do so good here in the NE for me. i say this because they only put a few fruits per plant compared to plants that put out a couple dozen throughout the season. i will have to get some tomatoberry seeds for next year. :cheers:

Back