• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Smoke Somethin

Got this char-griller premium kettle for my birthday, it says its a smoker too.

So after a little research and about 40 bucks for charcoal baskets and a pizza stone I'm gonna give it a shot.

Here's the kettle

20190312_183105.jpg

Charcoal baskets

20190315_091049.jpg

Modified grate out of my old grill, had to cut the sides off, and hit it with a hammer a couple times so it would get past these bolts.

20190315_095524.jpg

Pizza Stone(heat diffuser)

20190315_091703.jpg

Water/drip pan

20190315_091914.jpg

Forgot to add the apple wood, it wasn't that bad to open everything back up. Glad I took out some of the center of the old grate.

20190315_103011.jpg

Iron mikes mustard Bbq for a binder and Montreal steak, some minced onions, salt and pepper on the rub.

20190315_103136.jpg

20190315_102248.jpg

Questions, comments, and suggestions all welcome. This will be my smoking/grilling thread.

Bout to slap the meat on now!

20190315_110609.jpg

You gotta tell her your going to clean it up and sell it for more, then just don't get around to posting the for sale ad lol.
I think the main thing the ceramics are good for is less charcoal usage.

You could get a few nice webers for 500. I have spent like 675 on all the ones in the pic I posted, plus 90 for the new one.

Walchit said:
I think the main thing the ceramics are good for is less charcoal usage.
The few times I got the chance to cook on one, you could literally dial the temperature in with the vents like you were turning the knob on your freakin oven. They hold ROCK SOLID temps, man. I could literally move the thermometer up or down 5 degrees if I wanted to

Walchit said:
You gotta tell her your going to clean it up and sell it for more, then just don't get around to posting the for sale ad lol.
49FD7159-82AB-4F30-8D68-3284F77C4CA7.gif

The wsm controls temps pretty good, may e not as well as a ceramic in more extreme weather, but they hold good enough for me. I've never used a ceramic though.

Weber makes that "summit charcoal" grill, that is insulated, but they are 1500 bucks, so it's a long shot that I will ever own one.

Now's a good time to keep an eye out for a smoker Mike. With all the BBQ competitions cancelled so far this year, guys are bailing out. Selling smokers, cook trailers, etc. I just picked up a 22" WSM. I've been wanting one for years, just couldn't justify the price -- until now. :D

I think the shit already went around here b4 the official covid timeline. We were sick for 3 weeks, better for a week or two, then sick for like 2 more weeks. This was in November and December and the doctors just said what they usually do when you take the kids in, "oh there is something viral going around" "just alternate between tylenol and ibuprofen for the fever"

Walchit said:
I think the shit already went around here b4 the official covid timeline. We were sick for 3 weeks, better for a week or two, then sick for like 2 more weeks. This was in November and December and the doctors just said what they usually do when you take the kids in, "oh there is something viral going around" "just alternate between tylenol and ibuprofen for the fever"

I think the same thing happened here, I really hope they come out with a reliable blood serum test soon.

Walchit said:
Fuck yes!

You have to do at least a whole grate full of poppers b4 you can get a pic of an uneaten one lol.

Speaking of grates, is that cast iron out of a Stok grill?

You nailed it, although I bought just the grate from harbor freight ( I think that is the name) 5 or so years ago . I wish I had bought another at the time.

Almost time for another weber but would love CI in both.

Back