• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Smoke Somethin

Got this char-griller premium kettle for my birthday, it says its a smoker too.

So after a little research and about 40 bucks for charcoal baskets and a pizza stone I'm gonna give it a shot.

Here's the kettle

20190312_183105.jpg

Charcoal baskets

20190315_091049.jpg

Modified grate out of my old grill, had to cut the sides off, and hit it with a hammer a couple times so it would get past these bolts.

20190315_095524.jpg

Pizza Stone(heat diffuser)

20190315_091703.jpg

Water/drip pan

20190315_091914.jpg

Forgot to add the apple wood, it wasn't that bad to open everything back up. Glad I took out some of the center of the old grate.

20190315_103011.jpg

Iron mikes mustard Bbq for a binder and Montreal steak, some minced onions, salt and pepper on the rub.

20190315_103136.jpg

20190315_102248.jpg

Questions, comments, and suggestions all welcome. This will be my smoking/grilling thread.

Bout to slap the meat on now!

20190315_110609.jpg

Well I gave that one to my buddy, so i had room on the shelf Mike. You are lucky your not within driving distance or you would have had one on your front porch by now lol

Plus this one is a 1983, so I k how it was cooking q back when I was a baby, maybe even a fetus, so i had to have it.

Made some meatloaf, it was amazing. I chused up a bag of garlic and herb croutons and dumped In a bunch of quick oats. I think 7 eggs and 3 lbs of the cheap hamburger in the tube(tube steak lol). The 3lb pack of hamburger I normally get for about 12 bucks are 18 now.

Made beef ribs the other day too, probably could have came off a little sooner, I just set up a smoker at my buddy's hose at like 10am, then went back at 3:30 and they were definitely done lol.

photo upload link

Grub looks killer, Andy!!! :clap:

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED meatloaf as a kid, and haven’t even tried it since I was young enough that someone could force me to eat it and I wasn’t allowed to get up from the table until I finished it, lol. Maybe it was just my Mom’s recipe, but I haven’t had a single bite of meatloaf in almost 30 years :rofl:

That being said, maybe it’s time for me to revisit it because I wouldn’t hesitate to smash down a plate of what you just posted! ;)
:cheers:

MikeUSMC said:
Grub looks killer, Andy!!! :clap:

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED meatloaf as a kid, and havent even tried it since I was young enough that someone could force me to eat it and I wasnt allowed to get up from the table until I finished it, lol. Maybe it was just my Moms recipe, but I havent had a single bite of meatloaf in almost 30 years :rofl:

That being said, maybe its time for me to revisit it because I wouldnt hesitate to smash down a plate of what you just posted! ;)
:cheers:
Spicy smoked meatloaf is killer if done right. Plus making sammiches from the leftovers is even better.

Ashen said:
Spicy smoked meatloaf is killer if done right. Plus making sammiches from the leftovers is even better.

Keep those meatloaf ideas comin' boys! I just loaded 200 lbs of crossbred beef burger into three different freezers, and we LOVES ZAT MEATLOAF over heah!!

I always blend a chub of ground pork (Italian, German, or plain) in with a couple lbs of beef when I do the 'loaf. 

Mike, never in a million years would I have guessed you dint like meatloaf.
Just add some Montreal steak to the meat when you mix it up, I like a lot of oats and crumbs, I know a lot of people use one or the other. Then put your favorite rub on it. There is no way that you dont like it, unless it's the texture or some deep seeded hatred lol. And leftover fried meatloaf sandwiches are the best. I call it a "big meatball" when I'm telling the kids what we are having for dinner, they are the pickiest, and both like it.

Back