• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SoCalChilehead 2012/2013 grow log

This will be my first grow list/grow log, so hopefully everybody enjoys. This November will be my first complete year of growing experience and it was entertaining and stressing at the same time. This season hopefully I can implement everything I have learned through various threads and have a great 2012 season
onfire.gif
. I will start everything from seeds and maybe keep three plants from my existing season. Well now to my list:
Red Trinidad Scorpion 1
Trinidad Scorpion Green 3
Trinidad Scorpion yellow 1
Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (2 or 4 hopefully)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T 2
7 pot Chaguanas 2
7 pot Brainstrain red 1
7 pot Brainstrain yellow 1
7 pot Jonah 1
7 pot yellow 1
7 pot Burgundy 1
7 pot Brown 1
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia 1
Bhut Jolokia Peach 2
Bhut Jolokia Red 1
Bhut Jolokia yellow 1
Black Naga 1
Fatalii yellow 2
Peach Scorpanero 1
Large White Habanero 1
Congo Habanero 1
Sweet Habanero 1
Habanero Red Savina 1
Thai Dragon 1
Assam 1
Wasp 1
Large Hot Cherry 1
Giant Jalapeno 1
Wild Brazil 1
Holy Mole 1
Cayenne Thick 1
Broome Chile 1
Tobango Scotch Bonnet 1
Naga Morich 1
Zavory Nabanero 1
Aji Joe Mystery Hot Mix from Indian (1), Baccatum (1), Hot (1)

Thanks again to all the members for their help on the vast of information found on the THP forum and ability to build my grow list.

Nice! where do you get those BAG pot? or pot made like a bag.. welll youunderstand!
always looking for nice easy pot. currently i use ice cream pot which i make holes in the bottom and use the lid as a protection under it.. but i love those bags.

In five days the plants have taken off Trinidad Scorpions Green has the largest leaves while 7 pot Chguanas are already throwing out flower buds. The plants are loving the 16 hours of light on two T8 daylight and 2 42 watt daylight bulbs. I will be moving them out into the greenhouse once it is done the only thing left on it is the roof & door and 6 mm plastic, so I am excited to see these bad boys grow up quick. I will resize the pictures and repost.

Need to mention that I am also growing 1 Brandywine 1 Purple Tomatillo 1 White tomato( very interested in this one). Thanks Matt I saw your set up I looks great wish I would have done something like that, but there is always next year for new changes.

Nice! where do you get those BAG pot? or pot made like a bag.. welll youunderstand!
always looking for nice easy pot. currently i use ice cream pot which i make holes in the bottom and use the lid as a protection under it.. but i love those bags.

You can find them online ridiculously cheap as well...hydro (as mentioned) or bonsai shops will also have them. They use them in bonsai to slowly roll down to expose the roots. They will drape the roots over a rock or statue and then plant the whole thing statue/rock included. Then roll it down a little at a time to make some pretty amazing displays.

rock9.gif
rock8.gif
rock6.gif
rocksample.gif

Great job on the grow so far socal!

Oh...and tell your fam that took those plants that those scorpions are like mini bell peppers. They probably won't take anymore!

Those starts are beautiful! I can only hope mine look half that nice this year :) This will be a good year for you, keep it up and keep us posted! :D

Brandon

Lol stc3248 I found out that they actually gave the plants away and only kept the Large White habanero, but I just found another Douglah x Trinidad Brown sprouting in the same cup with the one already getting ready to form it true leaves so that has made it worth it not stressing over it just need to protect them more when I am not around. Thanks for providing the picture of the bonsai I still have extra bags so they will come in use when I decide to grow a bonsai fatalii at the end of the season.

Brandon your miniature rainforest of seedlings look awesome especially with the great variety you have and hopefully the weather does not set you back through the season. I hope it does become a great year especially with all the changes I have made. Thanks

Great start- lotsa cool peppers. I didn't get any time last winter to start early....end of feb, then "overcare" loss reinforcement in march(white bullets and spicy mustards had LOW germ rate. Then a final go around when working in the office in Houston in the first week of May...haha-driving around with em in the back of the yota, sticken' em on the dash(mustards,moriches,and choc sprout in baked chicken boxes) when parked near the edges of covered parking.Lotsa "weed" jokes...especially bringin em back into the hotel at night stick under grow light.KNOW WHAT THOUGH-i STILL HAVE PLANTS CHURNIN EM OUT! Really curious about ALL the "peaches"....good luck-I'm 10 days away from starting as I'm on the boat right now, damn, I feel late!

PS-Spread the word that the missing peppers are sweet and mild....and are great eaten whole;)

Update:
DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0156.jpg

DSCN0155.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

DSCN0150.jpg

Everything is now starting to produce buds definitely to early as I am trying to keep everyone in the same feeding regiment for the most part. Just added 4 types last week 1 Zavory habanero, Indian mystery, Baccatum mystery, and Super hot mystery all from Aji Joe superhot offer. 2 (Indian & Zavory) sprouted yesterday and moved under the light. There are a few non pepper in the mix 1 brandywine tomato, White tomato, Cherry tomato, Purple tomatillo, and SugarBaby watermelon. The great news for my plants is that they get a wormcastings and bat guano tea bath today. (Party for them :cheers: )

Looking fantastic Socal! Looks like you're doing everything right. Very impressive.

You going to pinch buds or let them go?

I was going to pinch at first but noticed there are too many buds that I am just going to let flower and fall off on their own. The weirdest thing though the Cayenne thick in the beige bucket seems to flower with no pollen and drop off but the Holy Mole seems to flower produce large amount of pollen and starting to skirt instead of instant drop. :think:

Regular feeding: Pro Grow, Cal Mag, Root organics Trinity(microbial catalyst) , Neptunes Harvest Fish/seaweed formula
Tea (once every three weeks) : Worm casting, Bat guano Mexican, Seabird guano, Molasses, NH fish/seaweed, Mycorrhizae, leftover Bushdoctor Microbrew(just a microbial catalyst), root organics Ancient Amber
I had ordered the Root organics line, but after the first watering once their leafs showed noticed it was too strong so I went back to Botanicare because their line was easy to test with the shaker ph reader I have and not as thick.
I had also recieved FloraNova line from GH for free because I called them looking for something to replace Botanicare Silica Blast and they sent me Subculture B with their Nova line, but I didn't really need or planned to use their Nova line but it was free.
Sorry again I didn't post this sooner but better late than never.

I have peppers well it might not be superhot but they get me excited because it the Holy Mole variety. Soon I will try to have enough are there 3 peppers with close to 10 flowers producing pollen and soon form skirts to make a Mole sauce. Pics down below:
DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0159.jpg

Nice!!! Hey when you planning to put your plants out? I'm thinking early-mid March in SD??? I think I could go earlier with a little insurance lighting in case of frost...but this is my first season in socal that I got to start on time. Past couple years I have been away from home during normal planting time...

Thanks. I almost got the poorman greenhouse up but been facing setbacks like school and funding but hopefully by mid Feb it would be done and most of these kids get their new beds in 10 and 5 gallon containers root pouch my goal is to get them out by Feb 20. This only my second year growing and last year I placed them outside to early their growth was delayed by the weather conditions andthen had to face bug issues, so this year I am more prepared.

That is awesome greenhouse it protected you from the heavy rainfall we got this week I have the frame done just need the wood bracing and door then the final stage of the screen and plastic sheet it is a 6' x 8' enough for a few plants if I find time tomorrow I try to take a picture of it current status.

Back