• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Some BBQ & Grillin' Escapades

I was thinking even beer. Beer and teriyaki, reduced. BOOM!

Come on man, you got this.

I do not have an orange. I do not have sherry. and GUESS WHAT. I do not have beer ATM

I do have brown sugar. Isn't teriyaki already filled with lots of sugar? What the hale do I know though....

Yep. Just gonan have to WING it *badda ching* :party:

No beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOL stop playin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
Teriyaki smoked wings are da bomb, if looking for something interesting. The salt, sweet, smoke all work together.

Marinate them in a teriyaki with fresh chopped hot peppers, scallion, and grated ginger overnight. Basically a very flavorful brine. Put some aside for finishing. Smoke them until crispy, and reduce the prepared teriyaki in a sauce pan until it coats the back of a spoon. When the wings are smoked, toss in the teriyaki. Sesame seed sprinkle. Done.
Sounds good and easy. I still have some plain wings in the freezer, approximately how long does it take to smoke the wings?

HigherThisHeat said:
I do not have an orange. I do not have sherry. and GUESS WHAT. I do not have beer ATM

I do have brown sugar. Isn't teriyaki already filled with lots of sugar? What the hale do I know though....

Yep. Just gonan have to WING it *badda ching* :party:
I love the following, soy, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, cilantro and some pepper powder and maybe a touch of rice wine vinegar 

I wish I were playin!

Been on a health kick and trying to drink less... so I switched to vodka for a moment.

Haven't bought any beer. And what I have made I gave what homebrew I did have away at a festival this passed weekend. I have 15 gallons in the keezer as we speak, but one came out horrible, and the other two have some lagering to do for a couple more weeks.

Alright, you all have been a huge help. I think this may actually turn out not bad!
2015-04-10 20.41.13.jpg

I ended up finding half in orange in the fridge that I zested. Teriyaki, 3 cloves garlic, some dried minced onion, some powdered ginger and two Naga Morich for some serious heat!

I plan on smoking em around 250° with apple wood for about 1.5- 2 hours depending. Here's hopin!

What freezer you looking at? Your kegs are ball lock I'm sure, right? I have pin lock kegs which are different dimensions. So I'm not sure about ball lock sizes.

Back