• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Some BBQ & Grillin' Escapades

Awaiting his reply

The reviews seem pretty ok. I mean for $50 I don't get what the catch his. Says its brand new in the box. Thing usually goes for $350+

Perhaps its stolen goods

I ain't too proud to pass it up

HigherThisHeat said:
Been in the market for an actual smoker, and came across this on CL. Anyone know much about the brinkman trailmaster? This looks like a wicked good deal
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/for/4973682162.html

Taco bell you say? I ain't had the bell in years. I love that shit though. Every meal comes with free diarrhea!! :dance:
Good buddy o mine just bought one at home depot great price sheet metal is thicker then some units added lava lock gasket around door and some toggle locks thing worked amazing!!! Very nice indeed!! Tempted to purchase one myself, great size held heat beautifully. I'd pull the trigger on purchase. Now how to get Heather sold on idea!! :)

HigherThisHeat said:
Awaiting his reply

The reviews seem pretty ok. I mean for $50 I don't get what the catch his. Says its brand new in the box. Thing usually goes for $350+

Perhaps its stolen goods

I ain't too proud to pass it up
ECB - El Cheapo Brinkmann

Low resale value.

Google ECB smoker. ;)

Oh ECB is just a nickname because it's cheaply made. Hence why that is cheap. They have no resale value.

Check it out though. It could be a good starter and you could mod it up.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's how it is ecb!! Well I never!!! You are talking about the special edition right big horizontal smoker?
Did I not just say to mod it? Can y'all hear me is this thing on?

We need pics of this smoker tonight!!!!

Fascinating.

Y'all are going on about smoked 'wangs.

Lookin' forward to seein' 'em.

My boss Christy has requested I do up some smoked salmon for her.

Reckon tomorrow I'll grab 3 or 4 slabs to start marinading. 

Like THP I like to be liking a teriyaki but with an orange juice/zest twist.

Sometimes I toss in some oyster sauce and also like to be liking some chile garlic.

And a decent fish sauce like Squid brand ain't a bad 'thang either.

My smoker of choice is Luhr Jensen Mini Chief.

You wouldn't want to do brisket, even just a point, in it but for wings/ thighs/chicken or fish/seafood/cheese it rocks.

The Mini Chief is perfect for smaller cuts and even Asian cut style ribs.

For the big stuff you need a much bigger gun like real coals and hardwood.

Also a while back someone gave me grief for smoking salmon with mesquite saying it was too harsh.

Puuuleeeaaasse.

Its tery mac'd salmon.

If'n its been marinading for 2-3 days, the choice of wood don't matter nohow. 

Back