• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Some BBQ & Grillin' Escapades

Thank ya much.

And the good news, being the only one in the household to eat meat is LEFT OVERS! I think I'm gonna do the same exact thing.

This may sound crazy and all, but I think my days of eating pork from the bone are done. I find this way more satisfying, and makes the meal go way way further. Also, no need to floss me teef is a plus.

If you're stripping meat off the bone go baby back, they are smaller but meatier and have a nice thick layer of meat on top of the bone that can be pulled off quite easily.

HigherThisHeat said:
They were baby back. Haven't attempted it with spareribs yet.

On a completely side note, I cant decide if I like baby back or spareribs better!! Both have their pros and cons.

For me the biggest one is that I usually alone eat meat, so baby back is a more reasonable amount of meat for one person.
I am in the same boat, BB most of the time due to nobody consuming with me however last round all the kids finally liked the ribs so next time I'll do some SL.

HigherThisHeat said:
On a completely side note, I cant decide if I like baby back or spareribs better!! Both have their pros and cons.
For me the biggest one is that I usually alone eat meat, so baby back is a more reasonable amount of meat for one person.
Ima sparerib man all the way and back :) :)

HigherThisHeat said:

I figured from the pics they were, so yeah, cool deal.

The meat picking-off is easier, for spares you'd have to overcook them to get them to pull off nice, or use a knife, but the babies will be meatier like you have there!

Nice sliders!!!

oldsalty said:
Ima sparerib man all the way and back :) :)

For flavor yes, baby back can be a bit pork choppy in flavor/texture but still good and juicy!

Spareribs are about to be on sale at places cause of memorial day. I'll have to pic some up and freeze em. Unfortunately I won't be in town for the holiday to do some Q.

BUT I WILL BE IN SOFLO so it ain't a total loss

I bought an 8lb pork picnic today, to smoke on new years day cause I was on sale.
I'm starting to regret this. I ain't really trying to be smoking for 20 hours.

Any suggestions?? Maybe cook until slicing temp? I dunno....

You can do it man!  It's like riding a bike. Or a pig.

Noooooo no slicing, pull only.

Rub it up good. Smoker at 225. Get the pork to 195 and take off the smoker and you'll be fine. If it stalls and you have not patience wrap it to break the stall.

HigherThisHeat said:
I bought an 8lb pork picnic today, to smoke on new years day cause I was on sale.
I'm starting to regret this. I ain't really trying to be smoking for 20 hours.

Any suggestions?? Maybe cook until slicing temp? I dunno....
I almost picked one up today but passed, they were 50% off all pork products. I only passed due to having 2 pints of oysters, 5 pounds of mussels, 3 pounds of king crab, wings and a chuck roast hahahah. Almost got the pig neck bones for black eye peas however.

Back