food Some food I cooked (JayT's Flog)

The Hot Pepper said:
Any beer with any meal. Damn y'all gettin' real picky in here! If it's not lettuce it's beer!!!!

Seriously tough crowd, LOL ...

I have a quextion, though ...

I have like a dozen whole chicken wings that I have to process ... they are defrosted 36-48 hrs, and were frozen the day after their sell-by ...

I was going to pitch them, but I'm willing to pop them on the range in the french oven and make a stock from them, at least, to give them purpose ...

I don't have celery or carrot, though ...

I have a single largee vidalia, and a bunch of dried mushrooms ...

I have dried shrimp, dried anchovies, and dried sardines, and parmesan rinds ...

I have beer ...

Whatcha got? ... there has to be something I can just cook down on the range over some hours while I work! =)

I might have some rice, I'll have to look and see on that one ...

Think there's some canned green beans and canned sweet corn ...

Any ideas? ...

Stock has to have simple ingredients to make it a base.  Any thing that adds complicated flavours will only pair with complimentary flavours at the end.

Make it taste like stock of chicken.  Then add flavours to the final product. 

My tip for great chicken stock is to brown the wings, rough chop the veggies and brown as well.  Degalze with white wine.  Add chicken to cold water and bring to a boil.  Skim, reduce heat add veggies and herbs (A little dried anchovy  will add a depth of umami).  Cook over low heat for 4 hours.  

Cool, then  place whole pot in fridge overnight.  Remove fat layer next day, gently reheat and strain thorugh cheese cloth.

Or strain and go.

Got lemons? Got any eggs?  Try this.  It's a Greek soup with chicken stock, rice, lemons and eggs.  Don't any weird sheeeit as you're prone to do GM :D

Cool, thanks ... No argument from me on my doing weird shit =) ... I bore easily.

Oddly enough, I live in close proximity to Tarpon Springs, so Greek cuisine is strong here ...

Correspondingly, I'm always with this on hand ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429836141.726454.jpg

Once Danielle makes her PB cookies, I'll have a go at browning some wings into the LC, deglazing w/ some beer, and making something tame ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429836262.367177.jpg

Being courteous to the neighbors, and not running the grill overnight tonight!

Cheers!

First of all where's the BGE?

Second, you need to seal that deck.

Third, your kids look wonderful and worthy of a proud father.

And fourthly....

I don't eat chicken much.

But I'd face hole those thigh's.

Believe.

texas blues said:
First of all where's the BGE?

Second, you need to seal that deck.

Third, your kids look wonderful and worthy of a proud father.

And fourthly....

I don't eat chicken much.

But I'd face hole those thigh's.

Believe.
First, I don't start the new gig until June 1.  BGE is going to have to wait for a bit.

Second,I do plan to reseal the deck sometime this Summer,

Third, thank you.  They are wonderful kids

And finally, I know you don't like chicken, I don't know why, it is delicious.
sicman said:
That's my kind of day. I would even do the mowing for a plate of that grub.

Too late, I already mowed it after supper.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Those SOB's are smoking the stuff again over there at ep....

Looks like a fun little kitchen project to me ...

Would make awesome foo garnish for a breakfast burger, or better yet, a ramen bowl ...

While we're on controversial subjects, and since you didn't comment on my suggestion to def watch Chef ...

One of the critical dishes in that movie was a food-truck slider made using brisket from Franklin's, and the bun ... wait for it ... sweet Hawaiian bread like daddy likes! ...

Not a Martin's ... not a Pepperidge Farm ...

Hahaha ...

It's Jon Favreau so it must be right - right?!??! ...

LOL.
Also, PLiNKO up in this biatch ...

I'm passing out chips ...

Back