food Some food I cooked (JayT's Flog)

Mommy I thought I was supposed my mouth around the BGE to season it!
BGe-7dwCMAIfW__.jpg

wtf lollllll JayT phoane BGE support.

It is a party! Charcoal has been lit. I just went out and bought an ipgrade. Cast iron grate. Can't havemy first steak on just an ordinary grate. Of course this has also required me to stop on the way back for a drink. Long Islands $3. Jackpot. Coals should be just right by the time I get back.
Yes Grant I know about burping the lid.

JayT said:
attachicon.gif
20160402_175314.jpg

attachicon.gif
20160402_180141.jpg

attachicon.gif
20160402_181409.jpg

attachicon.gif
20160402_182009.jpg

Wings and burger a touch overdone just a touch, steak a touch underdone, but done enough. Its Pittsburgh rare. Overall I would call my first cook a success. I have a lot to learn,but I'll get there.The cast iron grate upgrade was a no brainer.

Those grill marks on that steak are a sure sign of a grill grate with high heat capacity. The ones that don't stop sizzling till you pick up the meat to turn it. Way to put thick CI to good use. Great looking steak. :cheers:  I think I can smell it!

Just to give anyone reading this an idea how big that thing is, that steak is 2lb and those burgers are about a half pound a piece.  I am so happy I finally bought this beast.  Now I just have to name it.  Too bad my good friend TB is not around anymore to help me name it.

JayT said:
Just to give anyone reading this an idea how big that thing is, that steak is 2lb and those burgers are about a half pound a piece.  I am so happy I finally bought this beast.  Now I just have to name it.  Too bad my good friend TB is not around anymore to help me name it.

If thats the size of the egg, id hate to see the size of the chicken!  :shocked:
Congratulations on the new addition to the family  :cheers:

Those wings look killer! Over done or not, I would scarf them.

Better to have wings a tad over done than under done IMO.

Nice grillin's and chillin's Jay!

Back