• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Some images from my garden

Ixtapas, mostly ripe:

DSCN3052.jpg

Holy Moles, I only have a couple pods:

DSCN3056.jpg

One of 9 Seven Pot pods I have on my one plant. First to start ripening:

DSCN3060.jpg

A weird plant that I bought as a Scotch Bonnet, but I think it may have some Trinidad Scorpion in it:

DSCN3057.jpg

My Orange Habaneros & Caribbean Red Habaneros are all still green. I'll update as the season deepens.

Thanks for looking.

Thank you everyone for your nice compliments! I also have the usual gang of idiots, as the expression goes:

Jalapenos:

Jalapenos.jpg

Cayennes:

DSCN3053.jpg

3 Hot Paper Lantern plants (I've been picking/eating these as they've been ripening):

DSCN3051.jpg

Thanks for humouring me! My family & neighbours don't even pretend any more. That mystery pepper is never far from my thoughts. I'm considering making a YouTube recording of myself picking that big ripe one and eating a piece of it. (Come on! It's about 2 1/2 inches long and an inch wide! Eating the whole thing would be like swallowing a hand grenade.)

Again, thank you Rabbit, 915river, Talas and Chiliac, for your kind words. Really nice website here. Great support.

Great shot of your plants, thanks for sharing. I know what you mean by the family and friends not even pretending..LOL All of mine have given up too. But, that is what makes this site all that much great because I think we are all in the same boat together.

PrairieChilihead said:
Thank you everyone for your nice compliments! I also have the usual gang of idiots, as the expression goes:

Jalapenos:

Jalapenos.jpg

Cayennes:

DSCN3053.jpg

3 Hot Paper Lantern plants (I've been picking/eating these as they've been ripening):

DSCN3051.jpg

Thanks for humouring me! My family & neighbours don't even pretend any more. That mystery pepper is never far from my thoughts. I'm considering making a YouTube recording of myself picking that big ripe one and eating a piece of it. (Come on! It's about 2 1/2 inches long and an inch wide! Eating the whole thing would be like swallowing a hand grenade.)

Again, thank you Rabbit, 915river, Talas and Chiliac, for your kind words. Really nice website here. Great support.

Boy can I relate to that, one person we gave a pepper plant to said we were "pepper elitists" I just had to laugh..he hasn't even been over to see how many are growing in the yard. On the other hand we have those who wait impatiently for every pepper they are given. Who knows what motivates people? Can't imagine anyone getting tired of pepper talk. LOL

Jackie

Thanks for your responses. Here are some updated images:

The Hot Paper Lantern plants:
DSCN3067.jpg

A Ripe Holy Mole:
DSCN3065.jpg

The Scotch Bonnet/Scorpion Cross (Mystery Pepper):
DSCN3066-1.jpg

And a ripe Seven Pot:
DSCN3062.jpg

With some of these peppers, I'll actually be sad to pick them -- they're like my pets. Anyone else feel that way?

That 7-pot looks a lot like a Scotch Bonnet of some kind, weird.

Kool pods though. :)

Let us know how they taste, eh? :mouthonfire:

PrairieChilihead said:
With some of these peppers, I'll actually be sad to pick them -- they're like my pets. Anyone else feel that way?

I'm not exactly sorry to pick them, but some look so nice, I wish I could preserve them forever.

talas said:
Lovely pictures again..Never heard of Ixtapas tasty or hot pepper? :rolleyes:

Thanks Talas. The Ixtapa is a type of Jalapeno, which was supposed to be hotter than the norm -- But, I can detect no heat. It is, on the other hand, the sweetest little pepper I've ever tasted. A nice flavour addition to whatever I'm cooking, but that's not really what I'm after when growing peppers. I'm not unhappy that I added the plant to my garden, but I doubt I'd do so again.

Back