• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Sorry Guys Your Favorite Hot Sauce is Bad!!!

I rate sodium in sauce two ways.

REALLY FREAKING HOT sauce can have more just because you use much less of it. Some though are still pretty damn salty and its hard to get past it. Works fine though in bean soups you didnt salt to death already.

Milder sauces you use like ketchup. I dont want those to be a salt lick. I got some that are a bit much but use them with foods i have not salted much. That damn BliS Blast is freaking killer on fries. :P

I would rather stuff like rocoto to be much less in sodium. Flavor is too nice just to use a tsp here and there. You see lots of pepper pastes that are slightly high and some that are super reasonable. A couple got no added salt at all and cost you much more too. I was floored by the flavor of the aji oro this year. Mine were pretty mild so probably not gunna make sauce from them next year but the paste will be stellar.

Look for Belmont brand rocoto paste at your markets. Its around 65mg per tablespoon. NOT TEASPOON. Its just rocotos, salt and citric acid IIRC. Should work ok as a base for a hot sauce. Ive tried their panca paste and thought it was pretty good for a commercial product.

Adding that to the list now to mix with some Crystals :P

I bought some hot sauce for $1 a bottle and it's ranking pretty high up there, especially at that price. Mexico Lindo has a red and a green sauce that are both great and not overpowered with lime.

Ruid said:
I bought some hot sauce for $1 a bottle and it's ranking pretty high up there, especially at that price. Mexico Lindo has a red and a green sauce that are both great and not overpowered with lime.
Bless your luck for finding something very cheap and very hot and a tolerable at the same time hot sauce. I have not found anything remotely close to that in price or favor/heat level in what seems like decades. $6 - $10 a bottle is normal for markets around where I'm at, but not all of them are good ya know?

Ruid said:
Was it Texas Petes sauce? We have that around home for a buck, at Dollar General. It’s not the best, but it’s better than nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81pi36U0JML._AC_UL160_SR133,160_.jpg

The least expensive REALLY hot sauce i tried is Tropical Pepper Company Scorpion but its still $6 or more. Some of the Marie Sharps are pretty hot and i can get those for around $3 a bottle. None of them are even close to the TPC Scorpion though.

There's a small station in my area that doesn't even sell gas but it's the only place around that has Marie Sharp's.

Back