• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2014 - The Year of the Bhut

This year I'm growing primarily bhut/naga types.

Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guwahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih
  15. C. galapagoense

Thanks everyone.

Well, that "Polar Vortex" is making it's way into our region right now.

Currently temps are 15°F (-9°C).

Tonight it's predicted to get down to -4°F (-20°C).  Very unusual for around here.

The average low for this location and date is 21°F.  The record low is 0°F (1959) and will probably be broken tonight.

post some pics when u can.  My plants are growing wayyyy to fast.  Good thing they are getting a new home this weekend.  

And keep warm.  It's warm here in Sw colorado.  

jedisushi06 said:
post some pics when u can.  My plants are growing wayyyy to fast.  Good thing they are getting a new home this weekend.  

And keep warm.  It's warm here in Sw colorado.  

Yeah, me too.  I think I'll take them out from under the grow light soon and just put them next to a south facing window for the rest of the winter.

JJJessee said:
Yeah Alaska called my house this morning and wanted their weather back.

I said, "She froze almost all the water in my pond last night. Come and get her, she's all yours"

Plants are takin' off and lookin' good.

Best wishes for 2014!

We had one of these in front of our building yesterday. Ridiculous.

C. galapagoense seedlings keep popping up.  My overwinter is doing fine... I don't really need this many:
11854901243_b98c4588b6_b.jpg

Overall, my plants are doing quite well:
11854639905_d4e4a27647_b.jpg

The big one at the top here is a Naga Morich, some of the smaller ones are late starts to compensate for a few varieties that didn't make it the first time around starting them:
11854908333_209db2838c_b.jpg

The leaves on the Fatalii come in really close to eachother, not a lot of space between the nodes.  Seems characteristic of this variety:
11855505833_6c09e4b4f5_b.jpg

Until I saw the flowers and fruit, the first time I grew the Lota Bih from seed I really doubted if it was a C. frutescens:
11855252235_69c0633e25_b.jpg

Back