• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2014 - The Year of the Bhut

This year I'm growing primarily bhut/naga types.

Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guwahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih
  15. C. galapagoense

Portuge said:
Got done checking the germ box and found that i have two sprouts of the Aji cristal x cumari pollux. One sprout sown on 1/1/14 and another sown on 1/11/14... Going to be interesting watching these grow out...

Holy cow, that's great news!   :onfire:   It was such a unique cross, I wasn't expecting those to germinate at F2...

Keep in mind they were open pollinated, so genetically they will definitely be at least 50% C. baccatum x C. praetermissum... they were close to some C. chinense, specifically some bhuts and some bhut x y7 plants...

If they make it to fruit, I'll definitely be asking you for some seed, F1 was an amazing pepper, very unique.  This is what they looked like in 2013, the crunchiest pepper I've ever had:

I received a little surprise in the mail today from Vegas_Chili:
12074225816_ac0a1a3156_b.jpg

Thanks Walt!  Are they little Peach Bhuts?  I haven't tried them yet, but they look great, nice and firm and in perfect shape!  How'd you manage these this time of year?

I received a little surprise in the mail today from Vegas_Chili:
12074225816_ac0a1a3156_b.jpg

Thanks Walt!  Are they little Peach Bhuts?  I haven't tried them yet, but they look great, nice and firm and in perfect shape!  How'd you manage these this time of year?

Woohoo!! Glad they made it! Enjoy! :party:

These are from a plant I grew out and when I got huge I gave it to a friend of mine and he took care of the rest. He transfered from hydro to soil and helped the plant make pods from a sunny south facing window. That friend is Javi (MightyMouse), you commented on his glog about the pods being pale. I tried one and it's not as hot as some I tasted before but they have a very nice aroma and the taste is there, but I still can't say much because I've only tried them from one source. The seeds are originally from Smokemaster.

We often share things like plants, materials, seeds, and pods when available.

Hope you like them, and stay warm ;).

(Btw this was to help you keep the peach bhut plants :D )

-Walt

Back