• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Spicy Chickens Barn Conversion. Extreme Makeover Farm Edition.

Looks great. Sandstone Beige is pretty much the go to for that style of tile. You might be able to pull off a bit darker grout because of your accents if you were feeling like it. Its good to have some extra tile too, a lot of times the same style will look slightly different if you get a different lot, especially years later. Although it is kinda hard to break a backsplash tile!

If it were me, I would bring the color of the c-top into the grout. #10 Antique White, #333 Alabaster, or #382 Bone. The lighter color will tie it all together and make the tile pop. If the grout is too dark (like #59 Saddle Brown as an example) your accent tiles will disappear. Nice install! Keep up the good work.

View attachment 9794

#333 Alabaster, I like it best as it's a touch lighter than the other 2 Scovie mentioned and I agree with his recommendation. it'll tie in the counter tops and really allow the accents to pop.

Jeff you're doing a bang up job of taking care of mama :) Just like your sposed to do

PS, there are tons more color choices than that, I just posted that simple color chart for a quick reference.

And for what it's worth, I prefer (Custom Building Products) 'Polyblend' grout mixed with 'Grout Shield' by MIRACLE, an integrated sealer.

Stay the hael away from TEC and Mapei grouts. Just my 2¢.

Custom Building Prod. also makes 'Fusion Pro Single Component grout' that requires no sealing, highly recommended by Romy6 but I have still yet to try it.

Freezing rain out side but about to get a lot warmer inside thanks to Scott's package that arrived today. 

I have heard nothing but great reviews on his hot sauces and very [SIZE=18.18181800842285px]excited[/SIZE] to try them all.  :onfire: 

http://lucky-dog-hot-sauce.myshopify.com/

:cheers:  Scott 

Pantry_072.jpg

:party:  

stc3248 said:
Looking really professional Jeff! Nothing ever done half-a$$ed at the Chicken residence! 

I think dark with a touch of red...

That was my thought as well, but with a few more replies I started looking again at pics and they are right, none of the grout is much in contrast with the tile. I colored the grout lines in photoshop and the dark grout lines make it look really busy. Thanks for the input !! ;)

spysee said:
Looks great. Sandstone Beige is pretty much the go to for that style of tile. You might be able to pull off a bit darker grout because of your accents if you were feeling like it. Its good to have some extra tile too, a lot of times the same style will look slightly different if you get a different lot, especially years later. Although it is kinda hard to break a backsplash tile!

Thanks for the reply spysee, yup the lighter color seems to be the census, I will have some extra tile left over, good call on that!!

Scoville DeVille said:
If it were me, I would bring the color of the c-top into the grout. #10 Antique White, #333 Alabaster, or #382 Bone. The lighter color will tie it all together and make the tile pop. If the grout is too dark (like #59 Saddle Brown as an example) your accent tiles will disappear. Nice install! Keep up the good work.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Scovie, makes perfect sense, good call as well. Can't really trust monitor colors but will have the sample chips right here when we decide.  :rolleyes:

RocketMan said:
#333 Alabaster, I like it best as it's a touch lighter than the other 2 Scovie mentioned and I agree with his recommendation. it'll tie in the counter tops and really allow the accents to pop.

Jeff you're doing a bang up job of taking care of mama :) Just like your sposed to do

RM, agreed!! what really weird is that the color of the counter has many shades depending upon the which lights are on, when we went shopping for the tile, fluorescent lights made it look way lighter, but still satisfied with the outcome. maybe I should purchase a grout removal tool as well. lol 

Scoville DeVille said:
PS, there are tons more color choices than that, I just posted that simple color chart for a quick reference.

And for what it's worth, I prefer (Custom Building Products) 'Polyblend' grout mixed with 'Grout Shield' by MIRACLE, an integrated sealer.

Stay the hael away from TEC and Mapei grouts. Just my 2¢.

Custom Building Prod. also makes 'Fusion Pro Single Component grout' that requires no sealing, highly recommended by Romy6 but I have still yet to try it.

Did some homework and found a tile store that carries CBP, It's 70 miles from here so they are sending me a sample color chart in the mail and will have it shipped. appreciate your recommendation and what to stay away from.  I was hoping you would pipe in!!  :party:  Thanks

Thanks to all who replied and commented!!

Cheers, Jeff

Home Depot carries CBP's... FYI.

(Our closest one is 40 miles away)

And another tip... The darker colors tend to dry a tad darker than the sample "chips", while the lighter colors tend to dry a tad lighter than the samples. But dont stress... So many people tend to stress out over grout colors. As long as you know the hue (color tone) you're after, just make the call and grout that Sumbitch! Pronto!

Spicy Chicken said:
Freezing rain out side but about to get a lot warmer inside thanks to Scott's package that arrived today. 

I have heard nothing but great reviews on his hot sauces and very excited to try them all.  :onfire: 

:cheers:  Scott 

Pantry_072.jpg

:party:  
You're most welcome my friend - and thank you for the amazing powders & honey roasted nuts. Let me know how you enjoy the sauce.

I gotta admit, it's rare that I extol the virtues of another man's sweet salty nuts to other men, but in your case I've made an exception. Suffice to say your nuts have been extremely popular in the SF Bay Area...

....not that there's anything wrong with that.
:rofl:

Love following this topic - that's an amazing transformation so far!
:cheers:

Back