• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Spicy Chickens Barn Conversion. Extreme Makeover Farm Edition.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Not my nuts, Spicy Chicken's nuts. Try to keep up, son.
;)
oh im only talking about your nuts,rainbows and leather in the great SF 
just found your original label.    im glad you changed it
628x471.jpg

rofl.gif

Scott's sauces are great. We've only had the orange one here and my son caries it around like he is just daring me to take it from him. Good stuff. I'll be geting black next time. Maybe that will keep him at bay.

Not even going to comment about the whole eating another man's spicy nuts...:eek:

No Spicy Chicken, that is a topical paint/spray on sealer. You want this:

View attachment 9851

This is a grout sealer additive that you add the grout to in lieu of water. No paint on stuff.

Here is a coverage chart, but basically a 70oz. Jug is for a 25lb bag of sanded grout, and a 24oz bottle is for a 7 lb box of sanded grout. Depending on your tile size, thickness, and grout joint size, that will tell you how much you need. I don't think 7 lbs will be enough, but that's just a guess.

http://www.miraclegroutshield.com/product.php

(Page 6)

http://www.custombuildingproducts.com/TDS/TDS-129.pdf

Here it is at Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Miracle-Sealants-70-oz-Grout-Shield-GRT-SHD-2-1/202518470?N=25ecodZ5yc1vZc38t

anigif.gif

Thanks Scovie!! Products are on their way but estimated delivery is 9 days, go figure. :mope: 

In case I haven't mentioned this in the last five minutes.........Tile work sucks!!

If anyone was wondering way we decided to cut all of our 3 - 3/4" tile out of 20" tile, well because of the price mainly. we priced out midrange quality 1/4 x 4 x 4 tile with borders and it came to over $350
The tile we purchased was 3/8 x 20 x 20 and originally cost just under $9 a square foot, we picked it up for $1.19 per tile not per sqft. Total tile with a 25lb of thinset less than $40 I can spend the 2 hours it took to cut em.

Cutting them square aside,.......... there is only 42 full 3.75 x 3.75 tile in the whole job out of 260 pieces, man thats a lot of trimming and cutting angles. did I mention Tile work Sucks!! 

Total job complete with grout, caulk and sealer - less than $100

Panorama pic looks a little warped and funny but you get the idea. It's ready for grout. :dance: 

Pantry_075.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!!

Next:
One more smaller cabinet to build out of a big cabinet. ;-)

Cheers - Jeff

Just read you cut down 20"ers to make your tiles...that's nuts but brilliant! I think if I was going that way I would have just hit them all with a hammer made a mosaic and polished off that 12 pack LD mentioned...

Nulle said:
You're really getting there and fast :)

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Man you work fast Jeff!

sicman said:
you aint joking. i wouldnt even have my truck unloaded yet.

LUCKYDOG said:
Great job Jeff !! I would be like Siccy and have a 12pk done before the truck was even unloaded

Its hard to tell with this crowd, are you guys making fun of me? Scovie and Romy6 would have had this done in like 10 minutes.  ;) 
Was going to do a formica top here but while in town yesterday I picked up some more tile, 1 18x18 dark and 6 20x20 of the lighter color.

Blank slate, any design ideas? will most likely go with a dark cherry wood [SIZE=18.18181800842285px]bullnose.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.18181800842285px]
Pantry_076.jpg
[/SIZE]

Pantry_077.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.18181800842285px] :rolleyes:[/SIZE][SIZE=18.18181800842285px] [/SIZE]

Spicy Chicken said:

Its hard to tell with this crowd, are you guys making fun of me? Scovie and Romy6 would have had this done in like 10 minutes.  ;) 

I don't think anyone is poking fun. You work fast, and are always the overachiever. I never would have thought of cutting down 20" tiles. Of course, even if I thought about it, I never would have spent the energy to do it. Nice work Jeff.

Question for you. You clearly have quite an investment in tools and I'm sure it is extensive. Reading through your glogs, you don't give any indication of doing this type of work for a living. Was working in the trades something you did earlier in life and just collected the tools? What is the story. Surely you didn't spend 10K on tools for just the barn and property makeover.

Spicy Chicken said:

Was going to do a formica top here but while in town yesterday I picked up some more tile, 1 18x18 dark and 6 20x20 of the lighter color.

Blank slate, any design ideas? will most likely go with a dark cherry wood [SIZE=18.18181800842285px]bullnose.[/SIZE]

Pantry_076.jpg
[/SIZE]

Pantry_077.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.18181800842285px] :rolleyes:[/SIZE][SIZE=18.18181800842285px] [/SIZE]
I think an end grain butcher block with the Dark Cherry and Hard Maple in 2" squares like a checkerboard...not that that's a lot of work or anything.

Back