• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Spicy Chicken's grow room and greenhouse makeover

I hate drywall too! Heavy, dusty, fragile...

Looking great though! :cool:

I have to ask you, why did you do OSB under the drywall? I'm not critiquing, just wondering.

I can't wait to see the upstairs! (so shake a leg ya slacker) :lol:

I would guess he put the OSB there so he can hang anything, anywhere on the walls without searching for studs?

Has anyone ever used those round corners? Before and after pics; I think they are kinda classy looking.

As you can see I am not much of a mudder but got the job done and as soon as I post this update I am going out to paint the ceiling. :woohoo

One step closer; and none too soon.

Thanks for looking Jeff

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0369.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0370.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0371.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0372.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0373.jpg

This thread is amazing. Can't believe how far you are taking that structure in terms of polish. Also I really enjoy all the photos of your various pepper gardens and beds. Very impressive stuff!

Yeah, I've used them recently also when I redone my ceiling. Works easy and gives it a clean look like you said.

What happend with the walls, did you sanded them or used a primer or something?

I hate drywall too! Heavy, dusty, fragile...

Looking great though! :cool:

I have to ask you, why did you do OSB under the drywall? I'm not critiquing, just wondering.

I can't wait to see the upstairs! (so shake a leg ya slacker) :lol:

Thanks MM

I want to put in a coffered ceiling so I needed to have nailer's every, plus the extra strength on the walls allowed me to use 2X2's instead of 2X4's for the same price, and that in combination of like pepperlove said I can fasten anything anywhere.

I would guess he put the OSB there so he can hang anything, anywhere on the walls without searching for studs?

Hay knock it off Pepperlove, :cool: Good guess, and thanks for lookin!:)

Awesome job, SC :clap: Love reading your topic updates and see how it progresses!

Thanks MF, Love the Initials of your user name,:dance: , glade you like it.

It just became better than the house I'm living in. They are going to demolish it next year though :P

WTF then where are you going to live? I hope not in a cardboard box under the vi-dock, or you going to build a new house?

This thread is amazing. Can't believe how far you are taking that structure in terms of polish. Also I really enjoy all the photos of your various pepper gardens and beds. Very impressive stuff!

Thanks buddy, stick around where just getting started.:cool:

Yeah, I've used them recently also when I redone my ceiling. Works easy and gives it a clean look like you said.

What happened with the walls, did you sanded them or used a primer or something?

I just finished skip troweling the wall when the pic was taken and the thin edges drying faster gave the pic a funny look, but today its all white and doing the knock down and paint.

That dehumidifier really sucks the moisture fast, holy crap. I used 10 gal of mud for the skip troweling and 5 hours later it was a dry as a popcorn fart.

I should be drying the peppers in there come first part of next week if not sooner.

Thank you all for looking and your compliments and comments, I hope someone will take a technique or idea away from this and use it.:party: :beer:

Update;

Since the last update, I managed to get the room painted with 3 coats on the ceiling and 2 on the walls.

Install the 2 ceiling fans, I am hoping they will move enough air for the plants,

Finished all of the interior electrical including 5 20 amp receptacle designated for the grow lights.

Installed the new door I scored today at Menard's home center (3 day Crazy Days Sale):dance:

And started installing the hard wood floor, will have that done by tomorrow the 16 of October.

Started to get cold here and its time to stop construction for a while and start drying plus I think every one is getting board with this thread, the next post will be of the make shift drying racks. Need to do a preliminary design before I build the real deal,

Again thanks for looking and keep it hot ! SC

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0374.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0375.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0376.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0377.jpg

Looking good, SC ;) Thanks for the info, I had to look up what skip troweling was since I wasnt familair with that method. We more use the spiky structure over here, but I like the look of yours!

Just got in from putting in a few finishing touches.

Thought that I would share with you the stage of; going no further this year, except tables and dryer ect.

At first glance it might not seem like there is much work there but inside is 26 receptacles and 5 more outside.

Inside there are 22 lights and 11 more outside.

3 watering stations plus a kitchen sink and one exterior spicket.

Wired for sound, cable and Internet; all in all the tip of the iceberg!

Tomorrow I hope to have the dryer running full throttle.

Pic 1 ;First thing this morning I needed to finish the hardwood floor

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0378.jpg

The sun was shinning thought the leaded glass door window and this is the shot I got, Pretty Cool A

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0379.jpg

I will not be getting to the stairway system this year so I thought I would just stain the construction treads for cosmetic purposes.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0380.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0381.jpg

Under the stairway; refrigerator and hot water heater.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0382.jpg

Nice shot of the North and East walls.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0383.jpg

Wired for sound and stereo right at the top of the first landing, good height and easy access.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0384.jpg

Shot of the west wall, dehydrator drain and plug along with a heater receptacle.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0385.jpg

A pic taken from the second landing.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0387.jpg

The main drying and germination wall, wired with 5 separate 20 amp receptacles.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0388.jpg

Close up of the Beach floor.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0389.jpg

and lastly a midget's view walking in.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0390.jpg

Thanks for taking the time. Cheers, Jeff

WOW! That room looks awesome Jeff! When you started this thread I was thinking it would probably be something simple and rustic, but I should have known better. You're really going all out! :cool: I love it! Oh, and I have that exact same door from Menards in my house. It lets in a lot of light which is nice.

I have to agree with the comments. At the start I thought it would be a rustic type shed but you made it really classy. You did an excellent job and it all looks very professional. I'm Impressed. :clap:

Now lets see photos with it full of chillies :D

Thanks for making my jaw sore again from nailing the desk on the way to the floor. :lol: Your pods will have the good life in there. Just plain amazing the skills you have.

Back