• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Spicy Chicken's grow room and greenhouse makeover

A few pics of 2011 season. For some who don't know this is the worst year in the 36 years of growing peppers.

Had to replant 3 times do to mother natures wrath. total this year is about 2000 plants and will be lucky to get a ton a chili's, did more then that last year with a 1000 units.

Thanks for looking and will update the greenhouse extreme makeover home edition soon.:woohoo:

2011_Garden0073.jpg

2011_Garden0072.jpg

2011_Garden0071.jpg

2011_Garden0070.jpg

2011_Garden0069.jpg

What do you do with all the chillies? Do you have a site you sell from?

Looks good btw :)

Thanks, Looks like Pablo_h answered that one for me.:)

Spicy... you're living the dream! :cheers:

Hey buddy how are ya?
Living it breathing it and working it and kinda tired of it! LOL

The link is in his sig.
www.driedhotpeppers.com
I had a look ages ago, but not clear if he sells outside of ConUSA.

Thanks Pablo_h!

Only to Canada, sorry.:cool:

Hey spicy, looks like you are probably crawling with deer. Did you incorporate a deer stand on top of that new structure? Beautiful place you have! :drooling:

The grow building is coming along nicely. I just thought I would point out that you are missing a fireman's pole and a slide. Who needs stairs...

My family does a corn roast as well. I guess it is actually a corn steam. The corn is soaked overnight in water with the husk left on. We put a piece of steel over a fire pit until it is nice and hot. The corn is laid on top and covered in wet burlap. We periodically turn the corn and wet down the burlap. Then all you have to do is pull back the husk into a nice handle, dip in melted butter, and dust with salt. Delicious...

Hey spicy, looks like you are probably crawling with deer. Did you incorporate a deer stand on top of that new structure? Beautiful place you have! :drooling:

Thanks, I am crawling with deer and they have been eating there fare share of goodies, now I will be eating my fare share of them :) amazing how the food chain works.:lol:

I think the covered deck will work just fine, and the big boys will come out to chase the little girls soon, so as every year I will put some in the freezer.:dance:

The grow building is coming along nicely. I just thought I would point out that you are missing a fireman's pole and a slide. Who needs stairs...

My family does a corn roast as well. I guess it is actually a corn steam. The corn is soaked overnight in water with the husk left on. We put a piece of steel over a fire pit until it is nice and hot. The corn is laid on top and covered in wet burlap. We periodically turn the corn and wet down the burlap. Then all you have to do is pull back the husk into a nice handle, dip in melted butter, and dust with salt. Delicious...

Sliding down; cool! climbing up, not this old man. LOL

Sounds like an awesome meal Josh, and a great way to cook em, will have to try that some time! after cooked the technique is the same; handle, butter and salt, plus I keep a shaker with my 21 pepper chefs blend for those who want to spice it up a bit. funny thing happens with that spice, your whole face starts to burn cause there is no prissy way to eat corn like that! :lol: at least for me!

Well It has been awhile since I updated and really have nothing in the makeover area to add, the few moments I get some wiring is being done (still) , then its insulation and Osb time.

But mean while, Menard's home center still had treated lumber on sale so I took advantage.

Been wanting to redo the water wagon deck for a couple of reasons, one I no longer need it do to the fact I will be putting in a watering system next year, I have hay rides to give for the salsa contest and the fall color tour, and lastly I can now use it to pick up several ton pallets of pellets for the stove this winter.

Think it will make a good planting and harvest wagon as well. :woohoo:

Anywho a couple of before pics and ruff shape is an understatement,(I was afraid to walk on it)If the water tanks weren't over the purlins they would have fallen out the bottom. :rofl:

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0332.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0333.jpg

Now you can see the real rot !

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0337.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0334.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0335.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0336.jpg

Hope I'm not boring you! thanks for looking and have a great day.:cool: SC

Still lookin real good!

Just a suggestion on the corn
Sub the butter for Mayo
Sub the salt for Parmesan cheese.
It sounds odd but it is the Shiz!

Josh almost has it right! Not a fireman's pole, but a nice polished brass one that ascends up out of the floor as the disco ball comes down from the ceiling. Out of the back room comes two of the most expensive beauties that could be shipped in from nearest big city to show the local boys what a pole is for! Bachelor parties and superhots go very well together all while the misses is out of town, of course! And if you're anything like me, after you threw in all your $, you'd be up on the penthouse deck with night vision and a .270 win to make sure those pesky deer didn't try to sneak in and maul your beautiful chile plants! :party: :beer: :dance: :cheers: :drunk: :woohoo: :sick:

Ok Darrin, they say the imagination is a dangerous thing, and your quite dangerous.:woohoo:

If the wife ever found out the grow room would turn into the Dog House.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I do have a 270 and these guys would be mighty tasty with some home made pepper spice rub.:cheers:

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0338.jpg

Well the rat race for salsa king is over, everybody went home and I was left with the mess! Saturday shot.:(

But today Sunday I managed to get the wall filled with blown in fiberglass insulation and thats about all, but a very important step in getting the place closed in enough for drying the peppers.

We had frost here 2 nights in a row about a week or so ago and had to hustle to get a thousand plants pulled and hung in the tractor shed, thought the rest would be fine covered with 6 mil plastic, I was wrong and ended up losing more then 500 plants.:shocked: Gambled and lost!

Anywho, first pic is of the outside framing as just a reminder of what had to be filled with insulation.

Had to slide the hose though the knee wall and down the outside wall to fill it and then will finish the interior ruff framing.

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0346.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0345.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0342.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0341.jpg

Back