• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse Spicy Chicken's grow room and greenhouse makeover

So I have this old barn (eye sore) that will be turned into a 2 story greenhouse, with the lower half as a germination and grow light area along with dryers and packaging area and the upper half will be the greenhouse with a deck for hardening off the plants, I grow a few thousand Hot pepper plants every year and its time to build an area right here at home for convenience.

I am into it for about 4 weeks now on my spare time so going kinda slow, but will post pics of the progress every chance I get.

First pic is of a sketch and then the old barn and demolition/construction.

Hope you enjoy and look forward to any ideas you may have!

Thanks for looking, Spicy Chicken

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0291.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0289.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0081.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0176.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0182.jpg

2011_Greenhouse_makeover_0239.jpg

Thanks, Guy's

Wow that is amazing and I will be keeping up with this one. Your property looks awesome.

We do enjoy it out here in the country, dead end road, very little traffic and lots of space to grow our favorites.:dance:

Great job of using space already 1/4 done good job,will watch this one. Best of luck to you and your project.

I wish at this stage it was a quarter done, any time you want to take a vacation and give me a hand, let me know! rafters are going to be a bitch by myself.:crazy:

holy shit! Next level green house. Love the last pic!

I like it to but unfortunately most of the time my ass is full of sawdust.:(

Can’t wait to see the finished product!!

I’ve had similar ideas building on top of my 12”x40” combo work shop/pool house in the back yard…so it will be real nice to see how your turns out!!

Crap, Nova and Midwest beat me to the punch, that was the first thing I was looking for. :D :D

As is always said, can't wait to see the pics of a shelf full of baby peppers next to the wood stove with the snow flying outside

What a cool project SC.
I really like your plans and especially the lay out....with the deck looking out over your garden as the evening sun sets behind you.
Boy what a relaxing spot that'll be,to just sit back and sip on a few while doing a little picking and strumming.
Looking forward to watching as the plans progress.
Do you have a projected date for completion ? I bet the first snowfall comes rather early up in Gods country.

WooWee! I cant wait to see this finished!
Will work for peppers haha. :rofl:
Good luck with those rafters.
Looks like your pretty handy with carpentry.

Can't wait to see the finished product!!

I've had similar ideas building on top of my 12"x40" combo work shop/pool house in the back yard…so it will be real nice to see how your turns out!!

So SH what changed your mind? and don't tell me finance because if I had your money I would just burn mine!:lol:

Crap, Nova and Midwest beat me to the punch, that was the first thing I was looking for. :D :D

As is always said, can't wait to see the pics of a shelf full of baby peppers next to the wood stove with the snow flying outside

Ya know LC this would go a lot faster if you would help and then you wouldn't have to wait so long, me neither :dance:

What a cool project SC.
I really like your plans and especially the lay out....with the deck looking out over your garden as the evening sun sets behind you.
Boy what a relaxing spot that'll be,to just sit back and sip on a few while doing a little picking and strumming.
Looking forward to watching as the plans progress.
Do you have a projected date for completion ? I bet the first snowfall comes rather early up in Gods country.

Thanks CM long time no see, been so busy with summer months I hate spending one minute inside!

There is no completion date, like I said spare time all alone weather permitting, I may not even get the upper half finished before snow but the lower half is the important one for me.

More here than meets the eye, but will plug away.:lol:

This has nothing to do with the build but can you tell me why in a multi quote when I start typing below the first quote it eats up the letters from the second quote?

Good to hear from you buddy!!:dance:

You're going to have a great set up in a great looking spot! Very jealous!

WooWee! I cant wait to see this finished!
Will work for peppers haha. :rofl:
Good luck with those rafters.
Looks like your pretty handy with carpentry.

Thanks Guys!

I would just as soon sit in a chair under the shade tree and watch someone else do this. maybe bark a few orders once awhile.:cool:

Lookin' good!

4 posts merged. Please use the MultiQuote feature.

Just hit MultiQuote on the posts you want to quote, then hit Add Reply, and there is spacing in between the quotes for your words. :)

Back