• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse Spicy Chicken's grow room and greenhouse makeover

Putting er to good use. WooHoo.

2012_Grow_Log_053.jpg

2012_Grow_Log_054.jpg

That vacuum box is cool I love it! I had an idea you could use for taking care of business quicker. You could attach an empty tray to the underside of the box and use it to firm down all of the cells at once rather than doing it one by one. If the trays are too flimsy then you could cut up a broom stick or something to make a bunch of tiny wooden discs and screw them all in... that is of course if you have any wood working skills ;)

HOLY CRAP IM A BELIEVER FOR SURE

WHAT DO YOU ASK FOR RENT?? :lol:

beautiful!!

hows the temp holding with it are there any issues??

thanks your friend Joe

All right, just made it through this whole thread. I had to show my wife and let her know the sort of thing I'd like to shoot for sometime way down the road. She said, "But I don't want to live in Wisconsin." So I'm taking that as a "yes" on everything else.

Yeah me too....... Wicked something to show the wife that I'm not crazy!!!! That Is the best project/ setup I've ever seen, well done a true inspiration.

It has been quite some time since I have been here on this tread.

Thanks every one.

@ thefatman - 2' x 4' just perfect for florescent lights.
@ajijoe - Temp is so hot just with the lights on I don't even need a heater at 20 below 0, Just have to leave the door open for a while on nicer days. Thanks.

I think it is about time to start the upper half, but I have a dilemma to deal with. I have started a new germination grow room in the cellar in case you didn't see that thread and will be planning at some point on building a much larger greenhouse apart from this building. The issue I will have is the processing/drying area is not big enough at this time. so what I'm thinking is that the upstairs to this unit will a combination of drying/processing and maybe some over flow of seedings in case the cellar germination room gets to be to small.

So more than likely there will be a standard roof not polycarbonate and standard 2x6 walls with a few nice size windows facing south for plants. O ya and the question is; do I leave the deck or cover it as part of the upstairs build? Any thoughts, Kina on the fence about that decision. Would be real nice to site in the evenings and look out over the pepper circles enjoying a beverage, but at the same time it would be nice to have the extra room for processing drying and plants, :O)

Thanks for your patients, - Jeff

+1 to what the Guru says. This is one GREAT set up. And Spicy, You are one very talented individual. I think you are on more of a level with Norm than with Bob Villa. Bob was always the one going around showing off the builds but Norm was the one with the real talent.

Anyway this is one very impressive set up you have. Good luck with your season.

Robert

Thanks for the kind words!!

Today I ripped down the pitched roof that was temporally in place for last winters snow and replace it with 3 6ml layers of plastic, that should keep it water proof allowing me to build the walls on top of the plastic and cut out the center when the permanent roof goes on.

Greenhouse_makeover_0418.jpg

I hope to get to it real soon but a $1300.00 set a tires for the ole truck comes first (ouch ) and then I get to start spending mula again. lol

Thanks for stopping by - Jeff

Back