• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

spongey's 2012 grow

well, so far a couple plants are still producing pods! and the rest are still growing and my seedlings are plugging away for being outside here in San Diego.
my douglah that i have at my office
IMAG0748.jpg

Devils tongue red has 10+pods on in now blooms still coming in
IMG_3072.jpg

Brain strain DWC
IMG_3071.jpg

Douglah DWC
IMG_3070.jpg

Choc Bhut, still waiting on my fist pod
IMG_3068.jpg

Choc hab i pruned its roots and re potted it so hopefully it takes off once it warms up a little.
IMG_3065.jpg

here is my mystery plant, gotten 30pods so far and more coming
IMG_3061.jpg

here are the seedlings, carmen, 7pot white, fatalii, choc scorp, choc hab X Red hab, naga morich.
IMG_3066.jpg

i will update from time to time hopefully this will be pics of tons of pods come spring time!

Eric

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the choco bhut x yellow 7... the plant looks more bhut-like so far...
and the pods on the choc hab X red HAb are dark purple, gonna be tough to tell when they are ripe!
i am very excited to see these pods too as well as the douglah X Moruga none of them are stable so its a crap shoot! LOL just like the purple bhut i sprouted 4 seeds and all 4 plants are showing different variations. i have one with purple foliage the other stright up green(curious to see the pods)

Plants look good. I had plans on starting up my DWC but I have been lazy. Have the seedling ready and all. What are those 42 balls of heaven? Caribbean Red?
those 42 pods o heaven are 7 pot popcorn brain strain, they are growing small which makes for tasty snacking size!

hey.. i got a red bhut too from my nursery here in socal.... $1.99 couldnt pass .. so i got like 10 of them.. gave some away.. heres how the pod is growing;...
6de6cdcb.jpg

yes we do! i will go right now and snap pics of that ones pods! they start light green then in within a week they are purple, going to be interesting to see how i can tell they are ripe.
here are the choco hab X red hab
DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

and the Choco BHut X yellow 7
DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

mine are still little! just getting 2nd set of leaves! hopefully they start taking off soon! i have a DWC waiting for one!

It has too be crossed with something else also doesn't it? The flowers are also purple and both parents don't have purple flowers? Not that I don't like it, it looks great :D

Its a trip how annum the leaves are. My plant looks almost like a Jala.
I cant wait till I get some purple pods... We don't know how stable these are though, mine may be WAY different.

were the choco x red habs from bakers?
yes, the pods came from BAkers. i was told it was a chco hab X red hab so until i hear otherwise, thats what it is! LOL i love how the flowers/pods are. but i am a little skeptical that it is a true chocXred hab cross, still waiting on a ripe one(if i can even tell when its ripe) to test the flavor/heat of them

eric.... nice crosses... gotta save me some seeds of that choc x red hab.. i love purple!!! keep up the grow.. hope its not too hot down there in SD.. here in the SGV..IE area.. its like 90-100...roasting.....

denniz

Those bastards at Armstrong looked at me crazy when I asked if they had Bhut Jolokia.... Well Glad to see they changed there tune and stocked some.
Those Purple Habs are Gorgeous! I can't wait! Have you tasted them yet?

the temps here have barely hit 80! and i tried one today it was not ripe as i dont have a clue on how to tell when they are ripe! LOL but it had the unripe pod flavor but had a nice sting to it, so excited to see how these turn out when ripe!

Andrew i'll have you over to taste test!

Wow Eric pod are going crazy over there that is awesome. How is your brainstrain doing did you ever find out what the split branch was from?

still dont know what caused it, but the branch is still growing and producing pods! there are a few pods on the brain strain that are getting bigger.

Back