• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

spongey's 2012 grow

well, so far a couple plants are still producing pods! and the rest are still growing and my seedlings are plugging away for being outside here in San Diego.
my douglah that i have at my office
IMAG0748.jpg

Devils tongue red has 10+pods on in now blooms still coming in
IMG_3072.jpg

Brain strain DWC
IMG_3071.jpg

Douglah DWC
IMG_3070.jpg

Choc Bhut, still waiting on my fist pod
IMG_3068.jpg

Choc hab i pruned its roots and re potted it so hopefully it takes off once it warms up a little.
IMG_3065.jpg

here is my mystery plant, gotten 30pods so far and more coming
IMG_3061.jpg

here are the seedlings, carmen, 7pot white, fatalii, choc scorp, choc hab X Red hab, naga morich.
IMG_3066.jpg

i will update from time to time hopefully this will be pics of tons of pods come spring time!

Eric

Your Red Devil's Tongue looks like it will be a killer pod producer. The Brain has taken off nicely and has that "tree" like growth habit. The lateral branching needs support, snaping most likely can result from the branches moving side to side. Without making an unsitely project out of it, Why not bring a couple of likewise size or midsize plants close to it.
Throw a stake into each of the other containers and gracefully tie each branch of the Brain to the adjecent pots stakes. It would look pretty normal and serve the purpose........that is if you normally don't move the plants around...
Your garden looks great! Good luck with your harvests. The seasons young for where your located...

Greg

Bamboo, sticks, wooden dowels...you pick. 3 or 4 on the outside of the bucket touching the ground with 2 or 3 pieces of rope, string, twine tied around the bucket to hold them in place. Now start doing your thing. To go further take cross pieces over the top sides of the bucket to attach them and support without them having to go the whole way to the ground.

All in the framework.

when it was all said and done my hydro buckets cost me 30/bucket, but i have a commercial pump now that was 70 bucks it has 6 outlets and will be growing 3-4 DWC before the end of summer, just waiting for the seedlings to get their first set of true leaves to transplant. thanks for the compliments! taken me some time to get my routine down, plus at the new house the plants get LOTS more direct sun so i thnk in a month i will have PODS and pods and Pods

You really got the Hydro down now!
I wonder if Cytokinins would help your BrainStrain grow bigger pods.

You can add some sort of Kelp by means of foliar and that may help. At least from what I read. I don't know lol but it may be worth checking out.

anyone know how the hell a branch can split like this? the rest of the branch past this point is still alive and producing pods.
DSC_0021.jpg

I have had splits like that last year. Wind bent the plant and the splits like that were on the inside on the bend. Where as a snap is on the outside of the bend. A little floral tape should help cover it so nothing gets in there.

it looks like something rubbed against it there
maybe the bungee jumping spider pictured there has been partying pretty hard there with his buddies?

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

You are Welcome Brian! glad you are enjoying!

here are some updated pics i took this morning, its been warmer here for SD (upper 70's) so plants have been growing.
purple bhut
DSC_0012.jpg

Purple bhut grown from same seed bag the first pic but not showing the purple leaves so i kept it to see how the pods end up
DSC_0002.jpg

the new "red bhut"
DSC_00022.jpg

brain strain all propped up! ghetto but works
DSC_0018.jpg

carmen with a few ripening pods
DSC_0013.jpg

moruga
DSC_0011.jpg

choc bhut X yellow 7
DSC_0005.jpg

devils tongue red
DSC_0008.jpg

mystery po, leaves look like crap but starting to produce large pods
DSC_0007.jpg

choc bell
DSC_0016.jpg

Thanks for sharing that stem split, I've never seen anything like it. Looks like it was photoshopped even though it wasn't hehe

Seems everybody is ahead of me with their grow, guess it's the low night temperatures here that really slows down growth :(

Great plants :)

That brain is huge! The brain I have is bigger than all the others right now, I'd love to see it get that size.

Lookn Damn good bro. Im thinking we got F2 or F3s of the purple bhuts because mine looks way different than yours even. 3 different plants out of the same seed bag... not quite stable genes yet.
CIMG0041-3.jpg

Sorta like a biological box of chocolates, you never know whatcha gonna get. :lol:

WOOT POST 400!

Plants look good. I had plans on starting up my DWC but I have been lazy. Have the seedling ready and all. What are those 42 balls of heaven? Caribbean Red?

Back