• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Srin2 2011 New Chilli pepper plant grow

will be adding more pictures of my 2011 chilli pepper plants
this is the unknown white chilli pepper plant i have.its loaded with pods. can someone name it for me ?
p1040359s.jpg

a close up shot
p1040360s.jpg

this is a shot of my habenero X(still not sure what habanero variety is it yet). its full of flowers but nothing has set yet . flowers are just dropping/turning yellow
p1040357s.jpg

it use to be like this a few months ago.12 nov 2010 post
p1030665s.jpg

Really hot yesterday ,my pepper plants got really wilted. I had to move the plants to shade.
WP_000211.jpg
Nice looking harvest, well done Srin! The weather was the same here in Southern Thailand yesterday, my seedlings took a hell of a battering :( .

Nice looking harvest, well done Srin! The weather was the same here in Southern Thailand yesterday, my seedlings took a hell of a battering :( .
Another hot day here today. Even my furnitures and wooden doors are hot when touched. Gave water to my seedlings and plant twice bottom feed only.

WP_000216.jpg

Another harvest today. The bhut jolokia jorhat had very stressing time with the heat wave that we are having now. So I harvested the eight pods. Any suggestions on what I can do with the pods?
WP_000220.jpg

pepper mash!
heheh thats a good idea but pure mesh.. might be a bit scary to put in the mouth.. :onfire:

eat it !

With the heat wave thats been going on, i think the heat of pods will also be affected.

hahahaha yeah right. :crazy: .. with the heat we are having and those pods turn red more that a week ago plus its been going thru heat stress. wilting badly by that time in the evening! the photo above that shows the wilting was only taken at 10.30 am on saturday morning! i had to bring it to the shade.

i got 6 out of 6 seeds of white kelantan chillis germinated (hmm 4 of it already germinated in the pod. LOL )
i am getting a bit crowded!! hehehe going out of pots.

nice pods you got there.

we just had a typhoon yesterday so my unaffected plants where somehow refreshed this AM.
thanks .:) i wanted to eat one of the pods in front of a camera.. ask my wife to record me.. she think i am crazy to do that.. she does not want to take me to hospital.. hahahahaha

wow a typhoon.. how are your plants? we got a heat wave now going on. !!

why is this caterpillars keep attacking my plant and this butterflies keep hanging around my hab plant as well so far not seen any caterpillars yet. these butterflies don't lay their eggs in one place always a single egg per leaf. any organic natural way to get rid of them? i keep flush them with water and the next day they are back where they left off.
wp000221.jpg

update of my peppers.. after the heat wave we had here and then some continuous rain.. it has effected all my plants. yellowing of leafs and leaf drops. aphids came and has been destroyed.hehe hmm signs of ladybugs among my pepper plants shows some promise.(sorry for crappy pics- phone camera)
My cili goronong seedling
WP_000231-1.jpg

my kelantan white chillies started reproducing pepper pods!
WP_000239.jpg

WP_000240.jpg

my medusa regrowing after i have removed lots of branches from drying.
WP_000237.jpg

the aji Limon seedling . hopefully it recovers from this leaf drops :(
WP_000228.jpg

my Scorpion Butch T seedling.
WP_000241.jpg

my Hab X cross with bird's eye pepper ( recovering also from drying up branches and yellowing of leafs.
WP_000232.jpg

and its now mutated pods.
WP_000247.jpg

my medusa is picking up now.. with new growth which is covering up the dead stems.
wp000260x.jpg

my second butch T seedling..
wp000258.jpg

the elder butch T is having leaf drops :(. fert burns!
wp000259.jpg

My kelantan White chilis( some yellowing of leafs .. need some fruiting ferts.. too many pods to feed i guess)
wp000261.jpg

odd mutation on my medusa pepper. double leaf. :)
wp000274.jpg

Looks like you're waging war on all kinds of fronts right now. Hope everything recovers! How's the caterpillar problem?

Looks like you're waging war on all kinds of fronts right now. Hope everything recovers! How's the caterpillar problem?
hopefully napalmxv3..
yesterday it was so hot that my seedlings look like a stick with all the leaves wilted completely! :( this morning seedlings look recovered fully but might have some permanent damage!.

have been busy with work this few days coming home late. my birds eye pepper look bad as well with all its leafs yellow and dropping.!

maybe some shade cloth for the plants if you have access to them. Aphids are easy enough to kill..not sure about caterpillars..other than using the Hot Pooper method...cut em in 1/2 with scissors and leave hang there as a warning to anymore of them! lol

why is this caterpillars keep attacking my plant and this butterflies keep hanging around my hab plant as well so far not seen any caterpillars yet. these butterflies don't lay their eggs in one place always a single egg per leaf. any organic natural way to get rid of them? i keep flush them with water and the next day they are back where they left off.
wp000221.jpg

got a similar problem now with caterpillars..

IMG_0717.jpg

Back