• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Srin2 2011 New Chilli pepper plant grow

will be adding more pictures of my 2011 chilli pepper plants
this is the unknown white chilli pepper plant i have.its loaded with pods. can someone name it for me ?
p1040359s.jpg

a close up shot
p1040360s.jpg

this is a shot of my habenero X(still not sure what habanero variety is it yet). its full of flowers but nothing has set yet . flowers are just dropping/turning yellow
p1040357s.jpg

it use to be like this a few months ago.12 nov 2010 post
p1030665s.jpg

wow. Sorry about the caterpillars, I have never seen that many of them at once...that crazy...hope you find something that kills them.

thanks grant :) i read abt this before... i wonder if its available here in malaysia. hmmm wonder if can dump some yogurt on the caterpillar. hehehehe

wow. Sorry about the caterpillars, I have never seen that many of them at once...that crazy...hope you find something that kills them.
they are not leaving my plant alone.. i just killed 3 more and i found nearly every new leaf has some eggs on it!.

i have been too busy to take care of my plants :((((
these are some of the harvest i got this week.
wp000361.jpg

and it was cooked as a vegetable.. :) along with anchovies and eggplant.
wp000368.jpg

+
wp000262.jpg

hmm this time it was spicier than my last harvest.. must be becos of the weather.... i guess hot hot hot

wp000369.jpg

I wanted to kill the person who did this to my winter melon plant.

finally the baby sitter confessed. she thought that the plant has dried up because the branches from the stem at that section were dried. but the stem was green!! so she cut off the stem for the whole dried part.
there were 2 young melons there!!
wp000374.jpg

and
wp000372.jpg

Hey fellow malaysian,

I am still a beginner to chilli? Is our weather suitable for chinense variety to thrive? I have a few seedlings with me now still into second to third set of leaves. They are all outdoor on a partly shaded area. I am sure I would need lots of advice to get them growing. I hope to learn from those who have experience growing Chinense in our local weather. Sorry to learn about your plants I hope they will recover well. Good luck and your Assam Bhuts looks hot :-)

Mark T

Sri,

That stir fry medusa chili dish looks great! But you dont remove the stems?

Hey Mark, welcome!
The best step is to start a grow log like Sri here. You would receive all the help in the world and will definitely benefit greatly from not only advice from us, but from master growers
Looks like the Malaysian heat is starting to light up :)

Hey fellow malaysian,

I am still a beginner to chilli? Is our weather suitable for chinense variety to thrive? I have a few seedlings with me now still into second to third set of leaves. They are all outdoor on a partly shaded area. I am sure I would need lots of advice to get them growing. I hope to learn from those who have experience growing Chinense in our local weather. Sorry to learn about your plants I hope they will recover well. Good luck and your Assam Bhuts looks hot :-)

Mark T
Hi mark how are you? Just curious where did you get your seeds from and what variety do you have? The Chinese has no problem growing here. All you need is well drained soil. Btw the Chinese is a bit more hungry for calsium. Control your pest.

Sri,

That stir fry medusa chili dish looks great! But you dont remove the stems?

Hey Mark, welcome!
The best step is to start a grow log like Sri here. You would receive all the help in the world and will definitely benefit greatly from not only advice from us, but from master growers
Looks like the Malaysian heat is starting to light up :)
Hehehe the stalks for grabbing the medusa and chomping on the pod. As you can see that those are nice and green fresh.

Hi mark how are you? Just curious where did you get your seeds from and what variety do you have? The Chinese has no problem growing here. All you need is well drained soil. Btw the Chinese is a bit more hungry for calsium. Control your pest.

Hi Srin,

Thanks for the advice, I have some fishbone meal powder (smell like ikanbillis) that I will add to my soil mixed to get the needed calcium. Yes I got my seeds from Australian supplier. Ebay (fireupchilli) TheHippySeedCo, and ChilliSeedbank.com.au. I have since ordered some more from South Africa and US.
At the moment the seedlings (germinated) ones are

Bhut Jolokia X 12
Bhir Jolokia X 1
Trinidad Scorpion red x 2
Trinidad Scorpion (butch T) x 2
Trinidad scorpion Morouga Blend X 1
Fatalii Yellow X 3
Choc Bhut Jolokia X 1
7 Pod Yellow X 1

Still not germinated are
Bonda Ma Jacques
Nagabon
Dorset Naga
7 Pod Red

Plan on starting a grow log as per advice from kiddc. But that would be later hehe..

Mark T

Hi Srin,

Thanks for the advice, I have some fishbone meal powder (smell like ikanbillis) that I will add to my soil mixed to get the needed calcium. Yes I got my seeds from Australian supplier. Ebay (fireupchilli) TheHippySeedCo, and ChilliSeedbank.com.au. I have since ordered some more from South Africa and US.
At the moment the seedlings (germinated) ones are

Bhut Jolokia X 12
Bhir Jolokia X 1
Trinidad Scorpion red x 2
Trinidad Scorpion (butch T) x 2
Trinidad scorpion Morouga Blend X 1
Fatalii Yellow X 3
Choc Bhut Jolokia X 1
7 Pod Yellow X 1

Still not germinated are
Bonda Ma Jacques
Nagabon
Dorset Naga
7 Pod Red

Plan on starting a grow log as per advice from kiddc. But that would be later hehe..

Mark T
hi mark..

you have got a nice grow list there. 12 bhut jolokia seedlings!! wow! do you have the space for all your plants?
your current location is at up north ? right.

Good luck..

hi mark..

you have got a nice grow list there. 12 bhut jolokia seedlings!! wow! do you have the space for all your plants?
your current location is at up north ? right.

Good luck..

Thanks bro,

Due to my lack of knowledge, I germinated the seeds using pure compost (supposed to be mixed with normal soil). The seedlings became stunted and stopped growing with deform secondary leaves. I believe the soil is still too hot. I have since transplanted the seedlings with the proper soil and 50% of them have show signs of recovery. I will probably keep a 3 to 4 of them and gave some away to others who like to try some hot stuff hehe. New seedlings germinated using Jiffy 7 are growing well. Yes I am from Penang.

Mark T

Thanks bro,

Due to my lack of knowledge, I germinated the seeds using pure compost (supposed to be mixed with normal soil). The seedlings became stunted and stopped growing with deform secondary leaves. I believe the soil is still too hot. I have since transplanted the seedlings with the proper soil and 50% of them have show signs of recovery. I will probably keep a 3 to 4 of them and gave some away to others who like to try some hot stuff hehe. New seedlings germinated using Jiffy 7 are growing well. Yes I am from Penang.

Mark T
hmm i would be interested in your seedlings:)
hehe

hmm i would be interested in your seedlings:)
hehe

Hi Srin

Your very much welcome. I have transplanted them from foam cups to small pots and black plastic bags 1 week ago. Looks like they are starting to recover. Well see how they do in the next month or so. Will definitely keep some for you If I have extras.

Mark T

another medusa harvest which i manage to intercept before it went to the pan.
wp000387.jpg

birds eye peppers
wp000397.jpg

the plant has almost lost all its leafs as seen in the background.

my seedling are in bad shape due to the weather and me( been very busy lately)
wp000391.jpg

butch T seedlings
wp000393.jpg

my aji limon
wp000401.jpg

my kelantan chilis also had dropped its leafs... and had a fruit fly infestations as all its pods were full of maggots!!
wp000408.jpg

wp000406t.jpg

even my kung poa pepper is infested with maggots!
wp000409.jpg

Back